2ds xl and n3dsxl screen difference?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. 2ds xl and n3dsxl screen difference?

User Info: Revolver8mike

Revolver8mike
2 months ago#1
Assuming both are tn screens. Is there any other difference if the 3D is turned off on the n3dsxl? It should really be the same exact screen right?

User Info: Tkmajing

Tkmajing
2 months ago#2
Yes the screens are same. No worries.
You can't have a nightmare, if you never dream.

User Info: Cocco

Cocco
2 months ago#3
Not exactly... Because of how the 3D feature is implemented, the top 3ds screen will be a little bit darker giving the illusion of a better contrast. Bottom should be identical

Edit: it's the same difference that you may notice between the top and bottom screen on a 3ds when both are displaying the same colors. Otherwise it's not that easy to spot, but side by side displaying the same thing is visible.

Revolver8mike
2 months ago#4
Hmm. I'd assume even with the n3ds screen being darker. It wouldn't matter with a tn screen. As they are not oled and the pixels will light up even in black areas...

This freaking sucks, I bought a new 2dsxl for metroid, Zelda, and MARIO mostly, and now debating whether I should return it for a n3ds.

User Info: Cocco

Cocco
2 months ago#5
Revolver8mike posted...
Hmm. I'd assume even with the n3ds screen being darker. It wouldn't matter with a tn screen. As they are not oled and the pixels will light up even in black areas...

This freaking sucks, I bought a new 2dsxl for metroid, Zelda, and MARIO mostly, and now debating whether I should return it for a n3ds.

Well, the N2DS is a nice console and I used the 3D maybe twice in the last 3 years... IPS screens are clearly better and, due to what I wrote above, I personally prefer the 3DS even with TN screens. The N2DS also have a shorter battery life span and the fact that speakers face your body and not your face make the perceived audio quality lower. It have pros too of course, but overall I prefer the 3DS and I always recommend it when price is not an issue. Said that, if screen is the only thing you are concerned about and if you don't have access to an IPS N3DSXL I wouldn't spend money on a second console. Watch some comparisons and feel free to ask in case, even PM if needed

Revolver8mike
2 months ago#6
Cool deal, thanks Cocco!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. 2ds xl and n3dsxl screen difference?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived