Major Differences Between New Nintendo 2DS XL & New Nintendo 3DS XL ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Major Differences Between New Nintendo 2DS XL & New Nintendo 3DS XL ?

User Info: NealP

NealP
4 weeks ago#1
I am looking over the specs for the New Nintendo 2DS XL and the New Nintendo 3DS XL and comparing the differences and similarities.

It seems that for the most part, these are the exact same system...

The only major differences I have noticed, besides the obvious lack of 3D output in the 2DS system are:

-Shorter Stylus
-Less Physical Weight
-Smaller System Size Dimensions

...none of which are bad differences, all positive.

Identical Features Between The Two Systems:

-4.88in Screen Display
-Same Central Processor
-Same Graphics Processor
-Same RAM
-Same Battery Life
-Included Storage Size
-Input Controls

... is there any negative/bad or noteworthy differences between the New 2DS XL and New 3DS XL other than the loss of the autostereoscopic 3D display?

Thanks!

User Info: DASHWOOD

DASHWOOD
4 weeks ago#2
The N2DSXL boots faster as the N3DSXL. Their isn't a reason for it, but if it depends from me: the N2DSXL boots faster for the lack of 3D needing to boot. Also the N2DSXL it's battery is 1h shorter as the N3DSXL for unknown reason, but it is shorter while still having the same battery. For the rest you did your research.
I am the first one who claims that the next 2D Metroid game will be "Metroid Dread".
Signed on 24th of August, 2017

User Info: ForteGX

ForteGX
4 weeks ago#3
N2DS has a TN panel screen while N3DS has a more vibrant IPS screen. Its very noticeable if you're sensitive to that type of stuff like me. Also the speakers on the bottom of the N2DS vibrate the system if the volume is too loud, but using headphones remedies that and that's the best way to play anyway regardless of which model you have
"But I mean, mechs! You can ride a mech! You want to ride it, right?"-Tetsuya Nomura

DASHWOOD
4 weeks ago#4
ForteGX posted...
N2DS has a TN panel screen while N3DS has a more vibrant IPS screen. Its very noticeable if you're sensitive to that type of stuff like me. Also the speakers on the bottom of the N2DS vibrate the system if the volume is too loud, but using headphones remedies that and that's the best way to play anyway regardless of which model you have

Note that the current produced N3DSXL also have TN screens.
I am the first one who claims that the next 2D Metroid game will be "Metroid Dread".

User Info: PrettyBoyMarth

PrettyBoyMarth
4 weeks ago#5
I heard the home button is a pain to press on the N2DSXL and I was surprised to hear the battery life is worse. I imagine the build quality doesn't match the N3DS models either.

The only reason I'd buy a N2DXL is for a special edition model, like I really like the Pokeball Edition thats coming out soon.
Wind Waker >>> Ocarina of Time. People who agree: 538

DASHWOOD
4 weeks ago#6
PrettyBoyMarth posted...
I heard the home button is a pain to press on the N2DSXL and I was surprised to hear the battery life is worse. I imagine the build quality doesn't match the N3DS models either.

The only reason I'd buy a N2DXL is for a special edition model, like I really like the Pokeball Edition thats coming out soon.

The home button isn't the problem, the power button is.

User Info: dextorboot

dextorboot
4 weeks ago#7
I've been considering getting the 2DSXL too and I saw tests where the battery life was shorter, the same or longer.

DASHWOOD
4 weeks ago#8
dextorboot posted...
I've been considering getting the 2DSXL too and I saw tests where the battery life was shorter, the same or longer.

It really depends on what light level you use and if you have the wifi on all the time. If I use the if the light level is 1 and the wifi is on, the N2DSXL will endure longer as the N3DSXL. If the light level is 2, the battery is 1h shorter in lifetime. If you use light level 2 or 3 on the N2DSXL and no wifi, it last a little longer, but it's almost nothing.

User Info: Yadxov

Yadxov
4 weeks ago#9
The location of the speakers on the 2ds xl can cause them to be easily muffled by natural finger positioning.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Major Differences Between New Nintendo 2DS XL & New Nintendo 3DS XL ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived