Will Mario Party: The Top 100 have online multiplayer?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Will Mario Party: The Top 100 have online multiplayer?

User Info: shinyspheal

shinyspheal
2 months ago#11
Sucks to not have any irl friends huh?

JK, I too want online for most multiplayer games, since most of my friends live somewhat far away,
but I think games like this wouldn't work with a perfectly stable connection, a 20 turn game ruined by a disconnect is oughta induce some rage.
MHPortable 3rd AGGL true Legend. I am one of the real main reasons Bushido & Brave Gunlancing exists today on MHX/X. Please show appropriate respect. Thx.

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
2 months ago#12
shinyspheal posted...

JK, I too want online for most multiplayer games, since most of my friends live somewhat far away,
but I think games like this wouldn't work with a perfectly stable connection, a 20 turn game ruined by a disconnect is oughta induce some rage.

They don't care about that and a lot of people nowadays don't have IRL friends.
Uh... A-Are you sure to interact with others?
-Mario, Ganondorf, Sonic, Bowser Jr. / Wendy, Duck Hunt, Marth, Mewtwo Mainer.

User Info: SSjYagami

SSjYagami
2 months ago#13
shinyspheal posted...

Even if you had 100 friends, how many are gamers? How many are Nintendo gamers? How many are handheld Nintendo gamers? How many of those are Mario fans? How many are Mario Party fans? How many Nintendo handheld Mario Party fans will be available at once? How many of the available friends are willing to play for more than an hour? How many of them are willing to play for more than an hour every day?

How many of them will play with you at midnight while you're in your underwear?

People need to stop making excuses for Nintendo. Nobody is going to get much mileage out of any game like this without Internet play. Maybe if this was a home console game you could make an excuse but not for a handheld.
Mods are pathetic SJWs who abuse their administrative abilities and couldn't muster a logical defense for their actions to save their lives. Worthless.

shinyspheal
2 months ago#14
SSjYagami posted...
shinyspheal posted...

Even if you had 100 friends, how many are gamers? How many are Nintendo gamers? How many are handheld Nintendo gamers? How many of those are Mario fans? How many are Mario Party fans? How many Nintendo handheld Mario Party fans will be available at once? How many of the available friends are willing to play for more than an hour? How many of them are willing to play for more than an hour every day?

People need to stop making excuses for Nintendo. Nobody is going to get much mileage out of any game like this without Internet play. Maybe if this was a home console game you could make an excuse but not for a handheld.

Uh... two? if you ask me that's more than enough
MHPortable 3rd AGGL true Legend. I am one of the real main reasons Bushido & Brave Gunlancing exists today on MHX/X. Please show appropriate respect. Thx.

SSjYagami
2 months ago#15
shinyspheal posted...
SSjYagami posted...
shinyspheal posted...

Uh... two? if you ask me that's more than enough

Then good thing I'm not asking you, I want the full 4-player experience. You don't? Cool. Idc. Nintendo needs to realize it is nearly 2018.
Mods are pathetic SJWs who abuse their administrative abilities and couldn't muster a logical defense for their actions to save their lives. Worthless.

shinyspheal
2 months ago#16
SSjYagami posted...
Then good thing I'm not asking you, I want the full 4-player experience. You don't? Cool. Idc. Nintendo needs to realize it is nearly 2018.

Well, I'd give you that 4 players is more fun (I'd assume?), but I've never played 4-player MP, but I've never seen it as the "full experience", CPUs are often balanced if not down-right unfair, and that sometimes makes 3-player games much more engaging.

And way to hammer the year in the conversation, the year we are at is no excuse for anything, sure, technology has advanced and the "norm" is to keep an internet connection at all times, but guess what year the 3DS launched? 2011, as a game developer you have to make sure there is compatibility across the system's life-span and that all the features a game has have no jarring effect over the whole game, sure, they've could made this for "New" 3DS only, or just simply have added online multiplayer, but that could've ended in disaster, you'd be lucky to play a 5-turn game without anyone disconnecting, anyway, don't bring the year to the conversation if you don't have any idea on how this works.

SSjYagami
2 months ago#17
shinyspheal posted...
SSjYagami posted...

Well, I'd give you that 4 players is more fun (I'd assume?), but I've never played 4-player MP, but I've never seen it as the "full experience", CPUs are often balanced if not down-right unfair, and that sometimes makes 3-player games much more engaging.

And way to hammer the year in the conversation, the year we are at is no excuse for anything, sure, technology has advanced and the "norm" is to keep an internet connection at all times, but guess what year the 3DS launched? 2011, as a game developer you have to make sure there is compatibility across the system's life-span and that all the features a game has have no jarring effect over the whole game, sure, they've could made this for "New" 3DS only, or just simply have added online multiplayer, but that could've ended in disaster, you'd be lucky to play a 5-turn game without anyone disconnecting, anyway, don't bring the year to the conversation if you don't have any idea on how this works.

I've never played 4 player MP either, and I'd like to, but Nintendo won't let me.

3DS has no excuse, PSP had better Internet capabilities than 3DS with more online games and features. There is no excuse. 3DS is equipped for online, they simply choose not to implement it.

Literally loling at the bolded part btw. There's nothing to know except that prior handhelds had better online than 3DS and that 3DS can do it but Nintendo chooses not to implement the online features.

just stop

shinyspheal
2 months ago#18
SSjYagami posted...
There's nothing to know except that prior handhelds had better online than 3DS and that 3DS can do it but Nintendo chooses not to implement the online features.

better online =/= good enough online

again, this is a 2011 console, sure it can handle somewhat short sessions of pretty decent online play, but Mario Party games go into a whole new level, they can drag on for hours, no wonder why you can suspend them, I'll give you this, no online play for individual mini-games, now that's BS, proper board sessions, that is a lot more complicated, and despite what you believe, the 3DS has excuses, your beliefs have no impact on how old the 3DS is relative to its long life-span and how weak the console is for today's standards, which surprises me it has been able to keep going strong after all this time.

you need to realize it was 2011, at most, since design and production do take time.

SSjYagami
2 months ago#19
shinyspheal posted...
SSjYagami posted...
There's nothing to know except that prior handhelds had better online than 3DS and that 3DS can do it but Nintendo chooses not to implement the online features.

better online =/= good enough online

again, this is a 2011 console, sure it can handle somewhat short sessions of pretty decent online play, but Mario Party games go into a whole new level, they can drag on for hours, no wonder why you can suspend them, I'll give you this, no online play for individual mini-games, now that's BS, proper board sessions, that is a lot more complicated, and despite what you believe, the 3DS has excuses, your beliefs have no impact on how old the 3DS is relative to its long life-span and how weak the console is for today's standards, which surprises me it has been able to keep going strong after all this time.

you need to realize it was 2011, at most, since design and production do take time.

Did you just ignore that PSP, a 2004 device, had more and better online capabilities? No excuse. None. Not one. If a next gen device can't even match its online offerings then there's a problem.

shinyspheal
2 months ago#20
SSjYagami posted...
Did you just ignore that PSP, a 2004 device, had more and better online capabilities? No excuse. None. Not one. If a next gen device can't even match its online offerings then there's a problem.

A paid online service that is, if the console, the system and your own internet provider don't work in tandem, the online experience is just gonna be decent at best, there lies the problem, the system is good enough, the system is mostly trash and the internet providers as a whole are also trash, nintendo knows this and opts to make the game simple and fun and more importantly, accessible, again, sucks to not have friends I guess...
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Will Mario Party: The Top 100 have online multiplayer?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived