I'm finding it very difficult to justify the remake of superstar saga.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I'm finding it very difficult to justify the remake of superstar saga.

User Info: McmadnessV3

McmadnessV3
4 weeks ago#1
I mean sure, it's got Minion Quest which looks interesting but the actual main game itself beyond visual updates and small tweaks for convenience looks so unchanged I just find myself wondering why?

Why remake it if you aren't actually going to make any significant changes? Especially since the original version aged perfectly fine. This isn't some early NES or gameboy game we are talking about here.
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.

User Info: shinyspheal

shinyspheal
4 weeks ago#2
Money$ backed up by nostalgia, just look at pokemon games and the insane amount of money they make, heck, new games have less effort that average remakes and look how well they are doing.
MHPortable 3rd AGGL true Legend. I am one of the real main reasons Bushido & Brave Gunlancing exists today on MHX/X. Please show appropriate respect. Thx.

McmadnessV3
4 weeks ago#3
shinyspheal posted...
Money$ backed up by nostalgia, just look at pokemon games and the insane amount of money they make, heck, new games have less effort that average remakes and look how well they are doing.

Yeah, but I'd argue even pokemon games can justify their remakes more than this game can.
This sig loves you.

User Info: Blue Bomber 99

Blue Bomber 99
4 weeks ago#4
You know I was literally just watching a video that compares the two versions and I have to agree. It's still a game I enjoy, so I won't complain too much, but it does seem kind of like an odd choice. For me it's mainly a combination that I think the original style/spritework was timeless, and the fact I've never found the updated graphics from Dream Team and Paper Jam to be very appealing. For me it's not so much that they're updating it, but more so I don't find the updates to be that impressive or needed.

McmadnessV3
4 weeks ago#5
Blue Bomber 99 posted...
You know I was literally just watching a video that compares the two versions and I have to agree. It's still a game I enjoy, so I won't complain too much, but it does seem kind of like an odd choice. For me it's mainly a combination that I think the original style/spritework was timeless, and the fact I've never found the updated graphics from Dream Team and Paper Jam to be very appealing. For me it's not so much that they're updating it, but more so I don't find the updates to be that impressive or needed.

And on top of that, they don't seem to actually be adding any new major content. Other than Minion Quest of course but functionally thats entirely irrelevant to the main game itself and could have easily been put on some other non-remake title since they've been churning them out so bloody fast these last couple years.
This sig loves you.

User Info: cookiegangster

cookiegangster
4 weeks ago#6
Isn't it the only M+L that can't be played on a 3DS? That's probably part of it.

User Info: SSjYagami

SSjYagami
4 weeks ago#7
An HD remaster would be more suitable than a full remake. If any Mario RPG deserves a full remake, it is SMRPG.
Mods are pathetic SJWs who abuse their administrative abilities and couldn't muster a logical defense for their actions to save their lives. Worthless.

User Info: Generation-Y

Generation-Y
4 weeks ago#8
cookiegangster posted...
Isn't it the only M+L that can't be played on a 3DS? That's probably part of it.

This.

User Info: munkey55

munkey55
4 weeks ago#9
SSjYagami posted...
An HD remaster would be more suitable than a full remake. If any Mario RPG deserves a full remake, it is SMRPG.

I doubt it would ever be released again
FC: 2578 - 3126 - 4470

User Info: wrobe67132

wrobe67132
4 weeks ago#10
cookiegangster posted...

I think this is probably the only real defense one could make. That game aged amazingly
It's dangerous to take this. Go alone.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I'm finding it very difficult to justify the remake of superstar saga.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived