New Nintendo 3ds Xl hinge squeak

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. New Nintendo 3ds Xl hinge squeak

User Info: Mr_Molotove

Mr_Molotove
3 weeks ago#1
I just bought the new metroid special edition 3 days ago. The first few days, I could open and close it with the usual snap the console makes. But now when I open/close it makes this squeaky creaky sound. Here's exactly how it sounds from someone's video:

https://youtu.be/jakqQ4tS5cE

I've been searching and searching, turns out a lot of people have this problem as well. But I can't seem to find a straight awnser to the question, " Will it get worse or is this something I'll have to accept and live with?" Just wanna make sure before I do anything else. Thank you.

Mr_Molotove
3 weeks ago#2
So after even further research, I've come to a couple conclusions. Either its fine, could possibly go away with time, or very well could be something I'll be stuck with, or this is beginning of the end for the hinges.

User Info: The_Orignal

The_Orignal
3 weeks ago#3
Mr_Molotove posted...
So after even further research, I've come to a couple conclusions. Either its fine, could possibly go away with time, or very well could be something I'll be stuck with, or this is beginning of the end for the hinges.

The squeaking is probably a good thing, when I first got my new 3DS XL it had a squeaking noise as well when you open and close it, I made a topic about it and people said that it's fine, the squeaking noise is probably because your hinge is stiff, which is a good thing because you wouldn't want a wobbly hinge.

Mr_Molotove
3 weeks ago#4
Well sounds good to me then. You know how you start to freak out a little bit when you get something new (that's also expensive) and it starts to do weird stuff. I'll probably get the warranty just to be safe though. Thanks for the reply!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. New Nintendo 3ds Xl hinge squeak

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived