New 3DS XL vs New 2DS XL, which do you prefer or suggest for new gamers?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. New 3DS XL vs New 2DS XL, which do you prefer or suggest for new gamers?

User Info: cymanx

cymanx
2 months ago#1
Just curious to see which people prefer out of these two and which would they suggest to new buyers getting into 3DS gaming.
vr6exyvr6exy wants to connect his PS4 to his mobile hot spot.

User Info: SeahorseCpt89

SeahorseCpt89
2 months ago#2
I just bought the 2DSXL earlier this week and I've been loving it so far. Unfortunately I didn't own the 3DSXL prior to my 2DSXL so I can't give you a fair comparison; other than the standard "it depends on how much the 3D feature is worth to you" comment since the specs in both are pretty much the same, only there's a $50 difference between the two.

As for suggested games:

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Pokemon X/Y, AS/OR or Sun/Moon (Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon are coming out soon so it might be a better idea to wait if you want Sun or Moon)
Kid Icarus Uprising
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Super Smash Bros.
Ocarina of Time 3D
Star Fox 64 3D
Reminder: you have the right to an opinion, but you don't have the right to not be ridiculed for your opinion.

User Info: nowshining

nowshining
2 months ago#3
I prefer the New 3DS XL, for new 3DS gaming, those buyers getting into 3DS gaming, the New 2DS XL.
See Profile For More Info.: https://www.gamefaqs.com/community/nowshining/bio - Train=Choo Choo, & https://www.gamefaqs.com/community/nowshining/games/owned

User Info: Ben111

Ben111
2 months ago#4
New 3dsXL all the way. The new 2ds has garbage speaker, camera, and stylus that just make the console unusable.
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118

cymanx
2 months ago#5
Couldn't you just plug in a good set of headphones and not know the difference?

User Info: Thorspider

Thorspider
2 months ago#6
cymanx posted...
Couldn't you just plug in a good set of headphones and not know the difference?

Headphones do make the sound much better, and I wouldn't call it garbage without them lol, it is just of a lesser quality than 3ds for sure.

cymanx
2 months ago#7
What changed my mind was my hearing about the buttons. That they don't feel as premium as the ones for the New 3DS XL do. But the audio, I could just get around. I already have people telling me to turn the audio off anyway when I play games. So that isn't a huge deal breaker, but the buttons are though.

User Info: Ben111

Ben111
2 months ago#8
cymanx posted...
What changed my mind was my hearing about the buttons. That they don't feel as premium as the ones for the New 3DS XL do. But the audio, I could just get around. I already have people telling me to turn the audio off anyway when I play games. So that isn't a huge deal breaker, but the buttons are though.

I got a galaxy one for 175$ from amazon but you could probably get a refurbished one from nintendo(Like New) for cheaper
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118

User Info: este914

este914
2 months ago#9
nowshining posted...
I prefer the New 3DS XL, for new 3DS gaming, those buyers getting into 3DS gaming, the New 2DS XL.

What
--
-

cymanx
2 months ago#10
Ben111 posted...
cymanx posted...

I got a galaxy one for 175$ from amazon but you could probably get a refurbished one from nintendo(Like New) for cheaper

I appreciate the suggestion, but I don't ever buy refurbished hardware. But I will be buying mine from QVC, since it offers a flex pay plan.

este914 posted...
nowshining posted...

What

What the poster means is that they personally prefer the N3DS XL, but would suggest the N2DS XL to people who are getting into 3DS gaming. I just wish there was a 3DS with the aesthetics of the N2DS XL. I would definitely suggest the N2DS XL for kids too.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. New 3DS XL vs New 2DS XL, which do you prefer or suggest for new gamers?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived