Gold and Silver VC general discussion topic.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Gold and Silver VC general discussion topic.

User Info: Oshawottownage

Oshawottownage
2 months ago#171
WiiareVenom posted...
How exactly i score calculated?

I catch something rare, I don't win, someone wit a basic bug does. I catch a basic bug at higher level than anything, I still lose. Not sure how it works, to know what to look for.

Basically nothing but Scyther or pinsir is worth going for because base stat totals contribute to points. Do not damage them.

Just lob balls until you catch em. Damage lowers points.
I am definitely not an alt.
Official oshawott of the 3DS board

User Info: Skull_pro

Skull_pro
2 months ago#172
Oshawottownage posted...
WiiareVenom posted...
How exactly i score calculated?

I catch something rare, I don't win, someone wit a basic bug does. I catch a basic bug at higher level than anything, I still lose. Not sure how it works, to know what to look for.

Basically nothing but Scyther or pinsir is worth going for because base stat totals contribute to points. Do not damage them.

Just lob balls until you catch em. Damage lowers points.

Took me a while to realise that. In fact, it was only when HGSS got released that I saw that... When I caught a level 18 Caterpie and still won despite second place scoring a Pinsir.

From that point on, I never attacked pokemon for the contest, except getting them to sleep trhough. Hypnosis or something.
My FC: 5301 2862 3777
Send me Donkey Kong Country Challenges! More info at: https://www.facebook.com/Challenge-NeoArashi-1882592348727869/

User Info: WiiareVenom

WiiareVenom
2 months ago#173
thanks for the info.
I was summoned to the future by the last of mankind, to defend them in their hour of need. But my old enemy, Skeletor, followed me.... 3DS FC: 5155-3151-4613

Oshawottownage
2 months ago#174
For those who beat the E4 already...post a pic of your hall of fame team please.

Oshawottownage
2 months ago#175
WTF Skecth failed?

So this Machoke's rock slide killed Scyther and I send in Smeargle and use Sketch..."Sketch didn't affect Machoke!"

Oshawottownage
2 months ago#176
Oshawottownage posted...
WTF Skecth failed?

So this Machoke's rock slide killed Scyther and I send in Smeargle and use Sketch..."Sketch didn't affect Machoke!"

Same thing happened again. Espeon killed by rock slide than sketch fails.

What is this BS?

EDIT: Okay Smeargle has to actually be in for the attack...It makes sense but is really dumb bevause no way a Smeargle that isn't hugely over leveled is going to survive any fighting or really strong attack. Also will make sketching spore or other status moves a lot more annoying

User Info: rocky505

rocky505
2 months ago#177
Oshawottownage posted...
For those who beat the E4 already...post a pic of your hall of fame team please.

It would have to be more than one picture. They show them one by one in these games.

My team was

Typhlosion
Meganium
Lapras
Sandslash
Crobat
Ampharos
3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794
XBL Gamertag: Publickam

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
2 months ago#178
Oshawottownage posted...

Feraligatr
Ampharos
Crobat
Steelix
Heracross
Tyranitar
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814
Mii Name: Luigi; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123

User Info: WiiareVenom

WiiareVenom
2 months ago#179
How did you get Tyranitar before beating the E4?
I was summoned to the future by the last of mankind, to defend them in their hour of need. But my old enemy, Skeletor, followed me.... 3DS FC: 5155-3151-4613

User Info: -Unowninator-

-Unowninator-
2 months ago#180
Is there any word on this game getting a Celebi somehow? (RBY's VC got Mew).
''25 posts in and no one has addressed the orignal question. Also, I'm continuing that streak :P'' ~ Lord_Zenki
Join the unknown: http://goo.gl/S75cmn
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Gold and Silver VC general discussion topic.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived