Is it too late to upgrade my 3DS to a newer model?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is it too late to upgrade my 3DS to a newer model?

User Info: HusbandoTiger

HusbandoTiger
2 months ago#1
Well, I have the old, small model. The metallic red one. Never got any of the newer models, but the circle pad is finally starting to fall off, plus the top screen has these two lines at the side, it's bothering me. So, I'm thinking of upgrading to a newer model, just not sure if it's worth it at this point. I mean yeah, I can still play all of my games just fine, but yeah. Just wondering.
You'll see that my mind is too fast for eyes.

User Info: I_like_BigButts

I_like_BigButts
2 months ago#2
no, never too late to upgrade.

I suggest the N2DSXL.

I'm not a fan of the available color schemes...but the model itself is sleekest out of the 3DS models,
and I can not lie

User Info: PrettyBoyMarth

PrettyBoyMarth
2 months ago#3
Never too late to upgrade, but I wouldn't consider a 3DS that lacks 3D an upgrade unless you had a 2DS previously. I wouldn't sacrifice the 3D, definitely get an N3DSXL model. It's always good to have the option to switch between the 2 settings than none at all, plus the 3D is fantastic on the XL models.
Wind Waker >>> Ocarina of Time. People who agree: 538

HusbandoTiger
2 months ago#4
PrettyBoyMarth posted...
Never too late to upgrade, but I wouldn't consider a 3DS that lacks 3D an upgrade unless you had a 2DS previously. I wouldn't sacrifice the 3D, definitely get an N3DSXL model. It's always good to have the option to switch between the 2 settings than none at all, plus the 3D is fantastic on the XL models.

Well, I can't really see the 3D properly anyway. It all just ends up looking really strange, even if I'm at the perfect angle to view it, so I tend to just keep that slider down. So, I don't know. Both N3DSXL and N2DSXL seem fine to me.

User Info: Playsaver

Playsaver
2 months ago#5
HusbandoTiger posted...
PrettyBoyMarth posted...

Well, I can't really see the 3D properly anyway. It all just ends up looking really strange, even if I'm at the perfect angle to view it, so I tend to just keep that slider down. So, I don't know. Both N3DSXL and N2DSXL seem fine to me.

If you are one of those people that can't see the 3d correctly then you should go for a cheaper N2ds XL model. While I do like the 3d I can't push that on someone that can't even use it.

HusbandoTiger
2 months ago#6
Playsaver posted...
HusbandoTiger posted...
PrettyBoyMarth posted...

If you are one of those people that can't see the 3d correctly then you should go for a cheaper N2ds XL model. While I do like the 3d I can't push that on someone that can't even use it.

Hm, alright. Thank you for your help. Really appreciate it.

User Info: SaturnSnowman

SaturnSnowman
2 months ago#7
I will say that the New super stable 3d introduced in the newer models really is an improvement. I originally had a regular XL then I upgraded to a New 3ds (standard size) and the improvement is definitely worth mentioning. It tracks your face now so when you move up, down, left, or right it will always remain in the perfect position for good 3d. But of course if you never liked 3d in the first place then nevermind, maybe consider the 2ds or New 2ds XL.
I like games and anime. My favorite games include the following: Mother 1-3, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Cross, Zelda LA-ALttP-OoT-MM-ALBW, and Super Smash Bros.

User Info: Semeki

Semeki
2 months ago#8
The N3DS/XL is the better option, not only for the improved 3ds tracking but because its aesthetically pleasing compared to the N2DSXL.

Course if you dont have the money, dont bother upgrading.

Also note that the Samus Edition is still out and about so you might want to consider that one if you like it.
The darkest shadows are cast by the brightest light.
(message deleted)

User Info: este914

este914
2 months ago#10
N2DSXL. Check eBay for good prices.
--
-
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is it too late to upgrade my 3DS to a newer model?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived