In general, how good is "good" on amazon used games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. In general, how good is "good" on amazon used games?

User Info: logans_run_82

logans_run_82
2 months ago#1
Shopping around and its usually way cheaper to go with used -- good than new or like new.

It guarantees a manual and cover art which is good but states that clear external damage may be present.

Usually this is from amazon warehouse deals so its probably just something to excuse liability for refunds i dont know.

What are you experiences
"Not a few who meant to drive out their devil have themselves entered into swine"

User Info: nowshining

nowshining
2 months ago#2
used games could have saved profiles, saved scores, etc...
See Profile For More Info.: https://www.gamefaqs.com/community/nowshining/bio - Train=Choo Choo, & https://www.gamefaqs.com/community/nowshining/games/owned

User Info: SaturnSnowman

SaturnSnowman
2 months ago#3
I almost always go for "good" over "acceptable" unless the game is literally like $2.00 Or less
I like games and anime. My favorite games include the following: Mother 1-3, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Cross, Zelda LA-ALttP-OoT-MM-ALBW, and Super Smash Bros.

User Info: Lightwarrior11

Lightwarrior11
2 months ago#4
I've gotten "good" and "acceptable" quality VITA games from Warehouse Deals that mentioned "external damage". The damage I remember:

Good - Outer plastic layer had been sliced by boxcutter.

Acceptable - Looked like the bottom of the box had been run over with a forklift.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd0T6SjHejw

User Info: hatemakingnames

hatemakingnames
2 months ago#5
Still read the product descriptions because some sellers don't read this but:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=1161242
Note: "Refurbished," "Used – Good," and "Used – Acceptable" can be used only where noted as acceptable in the Category-Specific Condition Guidelines.

New: Just like it sounds. A brand-new, unused, unopened item in its original packaging, with all original packaging materials included. Original protective wrapping, if any, is intact. Original manufacturer's warranty, if any, still applies, with warranty details included in the listing comments.

Refurbished: Use only if noted in the Category-Specific Condition Guidelines. A refurbished product has been professionally restored to working order. Typically this means that the product has been inspected, cleaned, and repaired to meet manufacturer specifications. The item may or may not be in its original packaging. The manufacturer's or refurbisher's warranty must apply and should be included in the listing comments. Refurbished items are sometimes referred to as "remanufactured."

Used - Like New: An apparently untouched item in perfect condition. Original protective wrapping may be missing, but the original packaging is intact and pristine. There are absolutely no signs of wear on the item or its packaging. Instructions are included. Item is suitable for presenting as a gift.

Used - Very Good: A well-cared-for item that has seen limited use but remains in great condition. The item is complete, unmarked, and undamaged, but may show some limited signs of wear. Item works perfectly.

Used - Good: Use only if noted in the Category-Specific Condition Guidelines. The item shows wear from consistent use, but it remains in good condition and works perfectly. It may be marked, have identifying markings on it, or show other signs of previous use.

Used - Acceptable: Use only if noted in the Category-Specific Condition Guidelines. The item is fairly worn but continues to work perfectly. Signs of wear can include aesthetic issues such as scratches, dents, and worn corners. The item may have identifying markings on it or show other signs of previous use.
GameFAQs likes to hide this feedback link: http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/feedback/

User Info: Quicksilver

Quicksilver
2 months ago#6
I never buy used games off amazon any more. I bought a used gba game and it was listed as very good. I get the game and it didn't work so I took a closer look at it and the connector pins in the cart were covered in dirt. It looked like this game had been buried in the groud prior to me getting it. I had to use so many q tips to clean it off and it was just disgusting. Eventually I got it working but it should never have been shipped in the condition I got it.
Now I only buy used games off eBay and only when the seller has pics of the game.
I play video games.

User Info: Semeki

Semeki
2 months ago#7
It depends as it varies on the description on what is the issue. Only with amazon warehouse deals tho.

Ive bought used- good and the only damage would be the cases, but can be easily remedied by switching cases from gamestop cases and returning.

Of course by used means no DLC, (manuels are non exsitent by now) saved data. No big deal
The darkest shadows are cast by the brightest light.

User Info: hatemakingnames

hatemakingnames
2 months ago#8
Quicksilver posted...
was listed as very good. I get the game and it didn't work so I took a closer look at it and the connector pins in the cart were covered in dirt.

Take a picture and contact Amazon about it. They're good at handling problems.
GameFAQs likes to hide this feedback link: http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/feedback/

User Info: Antipalos

Antipalos
2 months ago#9
If you buy a game through the Amazon Warehouse that is listed as "Used - Good" and receive anything outside of what is listed in the description and general guidelines, you can request a full or partial refund if you decide to keep the item. Otherwise, you can easily return it and try again if you're a Prime member.

I've ordered dozens of games under that listing and have received everything from loose carts and discs (no manual or case), games missing just the box or the manual, games in new condition or as close to new, and games exactly as described (case blemishes, bent manuals, dirty carts/discs, and/or damaged inserts). Customer service has been more than helpful In every instance of a game not matching its description.

Also from my experience, games purchased under the "Very Good" or "Like New" description do not guarantee an item of higher quality. Unless there is no other option, I generally avoid it because it does cost more and the games still arrive with damages. Of course, you can still contact customer service for price adjustments in those situations.

In short, there isn't much to lose if you order a game through the Warehouse.

User Info: BurgerTime79

BurgerTime79
2 months ago#10
Quicksilver posted...
I never buy used games off amazon any more. I bought a used gba game and it was listed as very good. I get the game and it didn't work so I took a closer look at it and the connector pins in the cart were covered in dirt. It looked like this game had been buried in the groud prior to me getting it. I had to use so many q tips to clean it off and it was just disgusting. Eventually I got it working but it should never have been shipped in the condition I got it.
Now I only buy used games off eBay and only when the seller has pics of the game.

I've bought a PS1 and PS3 used off of Amazon, and I mostly go after "like new". The PS1 game I got writing in permanent marker across the top, and the PS3 game had one of those rental rings around the center. Was able to remove the marker, but not the ring. Amazon actually refunded my money on both of them because the sellers falsely advertised the items. After I had contacted the sellers and got "whatever" responses back.
RIP Keith Robinson. 9/9/1955 - 6/14/2017
Business partner, Blue Sky Ranger, Friend.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. In general, how good is "good" on amazon used games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived