Choosing next game after FE Awakening

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Choosing next game after FE Awakening

User Info: reicta

reicta
3 weeks ago#1
Just beat Fire Emblem Awakening and am thinking about my next game I’ would like to pick up after work tomorrow. Possible considerations:

* Fire Emblem Echoes: SoV
* Fire Emblem Fates (either version)
* Mario and Luigi Dream Team
* Hyrule Warriors Legends

For Fire Emblem I’ am more interested in Echoes honestly. I wasn’t a huge fan of pairing up and just how combat started to feel in general by the end of Awakening. It’s hard to explain. But Fates released after Awakening and has a lot of notable characters. Not really wanting to play two or three versions for the full story though.

I played Mario and Luigi on GBA a long time back and remember loving the idea of it. I know the remake is coming out soon but Dream Team is only $20. I think it would be fun as something fun but more casual, whereas Fire Emblem was a little stressful toward the end with managing everything and the enemies%u2019 inflated stats.

I have always enjoyed Dynasty Warriors type games and I’d probably like Hyrule Warriors Legends, though I’m not a Zelda fan. But the core gameplay looks fun and I have a N3DS. I will definitely want FE Warriors but I%u2019ll pribably wait till the holidays and buy a Switch for it.

Idk I’ am very split. Also saw Ever Oasis and that looked fun.

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
3 weeks ago#2
Fates.
Uh... A-Are you sure to interact with others?
-Mario, Ganondorf, Sonic, Bowser Jr. / Wendy, Duck Hunt, Marth, Mewtwo Mainer.

reicta
3 weeks ago#3
Blayshy posted...
Fates.

Why?

User Info: Semeki

Semeki
3 weeks ago#4
"Fates has a lot of notable characters."
Lol no it doesn't. They had to use repeats of Awakening.

Better to go with FE:Echoes, it has okay gameplay and is uplifting for a remake to the old.
Fates was good in terms of gameplay, but if you didnt like the pairing/children in Awakening then stay away from this one endless you can overcome that and play it solely on combat and strategy.

HWL is fun, recommend with extensive/repeatable gameplay.

Ever Oasis is casual. The maps and design are great, dungeon crawler with different tribes. Yet it lacks something. Recommend it if its on sale as its not worth full price in my opinion because it does get stale further in the game.
The darkest shadows are cast by the brightest light.

User Info: Andros-2K7

Andros-2K7
3 weeks ago#5
Echoes is best FE game.
Favourite JRPG's: The Last Story, Xenoblade Chronicles, Arc Rise Fantasia.
N3DS FC: 2208 9375 0944 / Nintendo Switch FC: SW-0594-6453-0420

Blayshy
3 weeks ago#6
Andros-2K7 posted...
Echoes is best FE game.

If you only like dated gameplay.
It has good characters but the gameplay is... Like playing a NES game. And not in a good way.

Semeki posted...

Better to go with FE:Echoes, it has okay gameplay and is uplifting for a remake to the old.
Fates was good in terms of gameplay, but if you didnt like the pairing/children in Awakening then stay away from this one endless you can overcome that and play it solely on combat and strategy.

Ever Oasis is casual. The maps and design are great, dungeon crawler with different tribes. Yet it lacks something. Recommend it if its on sale as its not worth full price in my opinion because it does get stale further in the game.

1. If you take it at face value, yeah.
2. Yeah, no, Echoes is a great game but its biggest flaws are in its gameplay.
3. I hope TC knows how Warriors games work.
4. Yeah, not worth the price for something that bland.

reicta
3 weeks ago#7
Blayshy posted...
Andros-2K7 posted...
Echoes is best FE game.

If you only like dated gameplay.
It has good characters but the gameplay is... Like playing a NES game. And not in a good way.

Semeki posted...

1. If you take it at face value, yeah.
2. Yeah, no, Echoes is a great game but its biggest flaws are in its gameplay.
3. I hope TC knows how Warriors games work.
4. Yeah, not worth the price for something that bland.

When I say notable, I currently am playing FE Heroes and there are several more prominent Fates characters, plus like a main focus of FE Warriors will be Fates along with Awakening and SD from what I’ve read.

I do know how Warriors games work, and the videos I’ve watched seem solid for HWL but just wanted an opinion. There’s an actual story right?

I’ll skip ever oasis for now. My choices are now FE Echoes, HWL or Dream Team. Eh I%u2019m still considering Fates tbh. I wonder if it%u2019s be difficult to go back to after playing SoV.

Blayshy
3 weeks ago#8
Yeah, HWL has a story.

User Info: Crzyfatkid

Crzyfatkid
3 weeks ago#9
Fates: Conquest has the best gameplay of those in my opinion. If you want a break from FE the I also found Hyrule Warriors to have enjoyable gameplay.

Blayshy
3 weeks ago#10
Crzyfatkid posted...
Fates: Conquest has the best gameplay of those in my opinion. If you want a break from FE the I also found Hyrule Warriors to have enjoyable gameplay.

Birthright has a better story, tho.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Choosing next game after FE Awakening

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived