How many more years will they make 3DS Games? (Opinions)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. How many more years will they make 3DS Games? (Opinions)

User Info: XGalt

XGalt
2 months ago#1
So last night I bit the bullet and upgraded from a regular 3DSXL to a New 3DSXL for the C-stick, better specs, yada, and it got me thinking. Am I polishing the brass on the Titanic since Switch is selling so well? I mean it doesn't seem like Nintendo is slowing down with the 3DS games, but I could be wrong. What's the general consensus?
GT/PSN: GnuX
Friend Code: 2423 2338 8193

User Info: SaturnSnowman

SaturnSnowman
2 months ago#2
Probably about a year. Although we might might get a couple localizations in 2019. That's just my guess though.
I like games and anime. My favorite games include the following: Mother 1-3, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Cross, Zelda LA-ALttP-OoT-MM-ALBW, and Super Smash Bros.

User Info: Joshjosh022

Joshjosh022
2 months ago#3
Hopefully less than one

All efforts need to go to the switch

User Info: XGalt

XGalt
2 months ago#4
Joshjosh022 posted...
Hopefully less than one

Yeah I definitely get what you're saying, but I highly doubt it. They wouldn't release a brand new 2DS and then just give it all up before a year. I figure maybe 1 more year with another year just leaking out third party stuff due to the install base being so goddamn high.
GT/PSN: GnuX
Friend Code: 2423 2338 8193

User Info: Sashanan

Sashanan
2 months ago#5
No opinion on either what they will do or what they should do. At my pace, I'll be set with 3DS games for years even if they stopped making them today. (But please don't, I do want that EOV.)
A gentleman will walk, but never run

User Info: Lord_Kafros

Lord_Kafros
2 months ago#6
Lately it feels like people want the 3DS to retire faster because it threatens Switch or something.
Xbox Live GT : Uberkafros

User Info: GeneraLight

GeneraLight
2 months ago#7
In about a year or two.

User Info: Joshjosh022

Joshjosh022
2 months ago#8
XGalt posted...
Joshjosh022 posted...
Hopefully less than one

Yeah I definitely get what you're saying, but I highly doubt it. They wouldn't release a brand new 2DS and then just give it all up before a year. I figure maybe 1 more year with another year just leaking out third party stuff due to the install base being so goddamn high.

They're simply cashing in one last time
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. How many more years will they make 3DS Games? (Opinions)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived