Which version of Fire Emblem: Fates should I buy?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which version of Fire Emblem: Fates should I buy?

User Info: Blue Bomber 99

Blue Bomber 99
3 weeks ago#11
yokitaqueen0220 posted...
Vegeta1000 posted...
Sacred_Arfaid posted...
Birthright is apparently the filthy casual mode, so get Conquest.

I do want to enjoy the story as well as play the game.

If gameplay isn't as big for you skip it all together than and try Echoes. The story in Fates is insultingly bad. I wouldn't say Echoes is amazing but it is leagues better. That said Echoes gameplay isn't great for most people.

Was going to say something along these lines myself. Thought Echoes was awesome: gameplay, story, fun factor. Plus it's an all in one game with interesting mechanics and characters. I enjoyed Fates for the first 20 hours or so while playing Birthright, but then the next 80 hours was a slog I felt obligated to playthrough since I bought the Special Edition with all three. The story didn't do a lot for me personally.

User Info: Vegeta1000

Vegeta1000
3 weeks ago#12
Vegeta1000 posted...
Sacred_Arfaid posted...
Birthright is apparently the filthy casual mode, so get Conquest.

I do want to enjoy the story as well as play the game.

If gameplay isn't as big for you skip it all together than and try Echoes. The story in Fates is insultingly bad. I wouldn't say Echoes is amazing but it is leagues better. That said Echoes gameplay isn't great for most people.

I enjoy FE's gameplay probably more than the story. As far as Fates having a bad story, I'll be the judge of that.
"Just remember ALL CAPS when you spell the man name!" - MF DOOM

User Info: yokitaqueen0220

yokitaqueen0220
3 weeks ago#13
Well if gameplay is more important than Conquest. Most people like Conquest's gameplay the most. It just has the worst story.
Okay

User Info: AuroraSilverain

AuroraSilverain
3 weeks ago#14
If you want to play for the story, skip Fates alltogether and play FE9 (Path of Radiance) instead. As others have said, Fates story is horrible (even worse than Awakening).

The gameplay in Conquest is much better than Awakening, unfortunately, both versions have beyond horrid stories and writing to the point where it sucks out of a lot of enjoyment.

However, if you only really care about the dating sim stuff you might like Birthright.

I haven't played Echoes so I can't say if it's worth getting or anything.

User Info: Maetch

Maetch
3 weeks ago#15
Doesn't matter, because you're inevitably going to end up buying all three because of all the unexplained plot-holes in one game requiring the other two games to explain.

yokitaqueen0220
3 weeks ago#16
Maetch posted...
Doesn't matter, because you're inevitably going to end up buying all three because of all the unexplained plot-holes in one game requiring the other two games to explain.

Honestly the story sucks no matter what version or how many you play so I wouldn't bother. Playing all three for the story is a waste of money. At most tc might want to spend an extra $20 on Revelation so he has access to all of the characters. I enjoyed Fates but the story was not on why.
Okay

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
3 weeks ago#17
One would have to be especially new to the art of "reading" to have his curiosity piqued by Fate's plot. At least CONQUEST's team devised some real nice challenges.
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

yokitaqueen0220
3 weeks ago#18
Salocool posted...
One would have to be especially new to the art of "reading" to have his curiosity piqued by Fate's plot. At least CONQUEST's team devised some real nice challenges.

To be fair people raved about Pokémon main series plots in the past. Words like amazing were thrown about. So I assume that many people have low standards.
Okay

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
3 weeks ago#19
Wow, the pretentiousness here...
Uh... A-Are you sure to interact with others?
-Mario, Ganondorf, Sonic, Bowser Jr. / Wendy, Duck Hunt, Marth, Mewtwo Mainer.

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
3 weeks ago#20
To be fair people raved about Pokémon main series plots in the past. Words like amazing were thrown about. So I assume that many people have low standards.

Well, Marvel flicks get an insane attendance rate, so I'll leave it a that. There are worse movies nowadays of course, but Marvel is symptomatic of how to write a bland, formulaic, by-the-number s***fest. Not issue with kids and adolescents claiming their "quality", but the raving adults are really easily impressionable individuals.
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which version of Fire Emblem: Fates should I buy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived