Bravely Default or Paper Jam?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Bravely Default or Paper Jam?

User Info: Dark Gunner

Dark Gunner
2 months ago#1
I've got a birthday coupon or something, and these are the only 2 3DS games I don't own right now... really liked all the other Mario and Luigi games up until Dream Team but people didn't like Paper Jam as much so I skipped it on my first go...

Bravely Default always interested me but the... repetition I guess I should put it put me off. Spoilers and all that but I know what happens and the idea of it is kind of off setting. What do you guys think?
Now Playing: Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Nier: Automata (PC) Overwatch (PC),
Smash 4 Wii U Mains: Samus, Lucas, Roy

User Info: SaturnSnowman

SaturnSnowman
2 months ago#2
Bravely Default is pretty much the true modern Final Fantasy. It plays like a real RPG and has a job system.

Mario and Luigi isn't a bad series but having played Dream Team I think the series has really gotten worse. The first was my favorite.
Paper Jam might be better but most people say It's more of the same.
I like games and anime. My favorite games include the following: Mother 1-3, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Cross, Zelda LA-ALttP-OoT-MM-ALBW, and Super Smash Bros.

User Info: MegamanOtaku41

MegamanOtaku41
2 months ago#3
Go with Bravely Default.
http://stupidsexysnake.ytmnd.com/

User Info: Bahamut_10th

Bahamut_10th
2 months ago#4
Bravely Default.

That said I disagree with the majority here. I think Dream Team is solid. Paper Jam however, despite not really having issues with the combat, has a setting and soundtrack that is so damn bland for a Mario RPG it makes me puke.
"Deadpool is just as formulaic the Avengers films it so relentlessly strives not to be."

Dark Gunner
2 months ago#5
I liked Dream Team too which is why I considered Paper Jam..but yeah

Honestly, I went and spent the money on Metroid Amiibo's so I guess the answer is neither lol
Now Playing: Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Nier: Automata (PC) Overwatch (PC),

User Info: Bahamut_10th

Bahamut_10th
2 months ago#6
Dark Gunner posted...
I liked Dream Team too which is why I considered Paper Jam..but yeah

Honestly, I went and spent the money on Metroid Amiibo's so I guess the answer is neither lol

Bravely Default is good. Though a tad overrated. (I'm playing it right now) You should get it next time.

Paper Jam is another product of the Toad Clones Everywhere flu that took over Mario games for a short period until after Mario Party Star Rush. 99% of the NPCs are Toads and all the (Toad) towns look exactly the same.
"Deadpool is just as formulaic the Avengers films it so relentlessly strives not to be."

Dark Gunner
2 months ago#7
Such a shame being the mixture of two very good RPG series that had such varied characters and locals.

User Info: iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme
2 months ago#8
Bravely Default is far better.

Paper Jam is okay... just okay. Just like every M&L game except Superstar Saga and BIS. Paper Mario/TTYD/SPM/SMRPG are so much better than M&L...

I'd still rather play any M&L game over Sticker Star or Color Splash, though.
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax

User Info: Cocco

Cocco
2 months ago#9
Bravely Default

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
2 months ago#10
iammaxhailme posted...
Bravely Default is far better.

Paper Jam is okay... just okay. Just like every M&L game except Superstar Saga and BIS. Paper Mario/TTYD/SPM/SMRPG are so much better than M&L...

I'd still rather play any M&L game over Sticker Star or Color Splash, though.

Nah, BIS, PIT, and SSS are superior to SPM
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814
Mii Name: Luigi; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Bravely Default or Paper Jam?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived