River City: Rival Showdown (Limited Riki Keychain Edition) Preorder up on Amazon

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. River City: Rival Showdown (Limited Riki Keychain Edition) Preorder up on Amazon

User Info: RHF

RHF
2 months ago#11
Made an order. I liked the previous game, been a fan since the GBA remake of the original, and is this one pretty different by comparison in combat?
For great justice! And Fruit Pies! *Official #1 supporter for Hsien-ko*

User Info: TinyTim123

TinyTim123
2 months ago#12
Teremei posted...
IrateGameFAQer posted...
Teremei posted...
The no prime discount is because it's sold through Natsume. I think at least.

Nah..it's cause it's considered a special/limited edition. Amazon doesn't give discounts on those anymore...which is such a shame.

Previous natsume games Wild Guns Reloaded and River City Tokyo Rumble also were not discounted and I believe at that time they did discount special editions. So this has more to do with Natsume.

I got River City Tokyo Rumble from Amazon USA with the keychain and got the discount, so I'm not sure that's accurate.
I've also got plenty of Special Editions relatively recently with the discount from Amazon (we don't really have local stores for games) though most were preordered back in April or May, so unless the special edition thing is relatively new (i.e. the last three months or less, and doesn't apply to pre-existing orders) I'm not sure any of that is it.
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
En un mundo perfecto, eso definitivamente importaria.

User Info: I_like_BigButts

I_like_BigButts
2 months ago#13
yeah they stopped SE discount recently. I think around Aug. Pre-exisiting SE preorders were honored cause I got my discounts for Culdaput and a few other SE versions I placed earlier in the year.
and I can not lie

User Info: TinyTim123

TinyTim123
2 months ago#14
I_like_BigButts posted...
yeah they stopped SE discount recently. I think around Aug. Pre-exisiting SE preorders were honored cause I got my discounts for Culdaput and a few other SE versions I placed earlier in the year.

Ah. Well, I still have a few Special Edition preorders still with Amazon (paid for with Amazon gift cards) coming through the end of the year. I did find out they recently killed off the 20% new games for two weeks after the release date, which kinda peeved me 'cause they didn't warn us about it.
That sucks, but I still have Best Buy's Gamers Club Unlocked for a couple of years, and while they don't always get the special editions like Amazon it's a better deal in general.
I just had to wait until January of 2017 for them to offer it online... there is literally no Best Buy locations here (94 miles one way is the closest... it's not worth a 188 mile round trip to visit), and having to go into a store to activate it was impossible unless I was taking a road trip and stopped at a Best Buy.
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
En un mundo perfecto, eso definitivamente importaria.

User Info: I_like_BigButts

I_like_BigButts
2 months ago#15
yeah I've slowly been using GCU more. I actually transfered a few Amazon orders to GCU because they had SE versions on BB + discount.
and I can not lie

User Info: ferofax

ferofax
1 month ago#16
Game title sounds like a badass Japanese Gang simulator, where you start with one dude, beat people up, take em into your gang, have em do rough and tumble play to keep em tough, and then go around town challenging other gangs in a turf battle.

I never knew I needed that game until I thought about it just now.
Boomerang and RecoilDown+3 Evangelist
N3DS XL FC: 2938-9344-1117

User Info: SaturnSnowman

SaturnSnowman
1 month ago#17
PeteyParker posted...
Sucks that Amazon is considering it a "limited edition" due only to the keychain so no Prime Discount is being added. Pre-ordered anyway because I'm really looking forward to it.

Well I'm not too upset because it's already cheaper than most 3ds games are at $30 versus $40.
I like games and anime. My favorite games include the following: Mother 1-3, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Cross, Zelda LA-ALttP-OoT-MM-ALBW, and Super Smash Bros.

User Info: PeteyParker

PeteyParker
1 month ago#18
They added the prime discount. It's down to $23.99 on Amazon
"How can.. the Prime minister.. support a law.. that makes it illegal for people.. who....What I'm trying to say is.. Oasis rules!"

User Info: SaturnSnowman

SaturnSnowman
1 month ago#19
PeteyParker posted...

So um....

I already pre-ordered it at $30 and I have Prime. Can I cancel it and get the reduced price?
I like games and anime. My favorite games include the following: Mother 1-3, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Cross, Zelda LA-ALttP-OoT-MM-ALBW, and Super Smash Bros.

User Info: IrateGameFAQer

IrateGameFAQer
1 month ago#20
SaturnSnowman posted...
PeteyParker posted...

So um....

I already pre-ordered it at $30 and I have Prime. Can I cancel it and get the reduced price?

when iut ships youll be charged the lowest price
"at least be grateful Nintendo isn't charging you right now." -Unknown
Lesson to be learned: Be grateful for mediocrity.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. River City: Rival Showdown (Limited Riki Keychain Edition) Preorder up on Amazon

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived