Systems sold does not equal active users

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Systems sold does not equal active users

User Info: Vitrescent

Vitrescent
2 months ago#1
Last few big first party games selling below expectations shows this fact. FE: SoV, Mario and Luigi: SS, Pikmin, Mario Sports, etc. The only exception really is Pokémon. System is dead, bury it. It's had its run. A lot of people bought the system, but not a lot of people are using it anymore.
3DS FC (name: Eric) and Nintendo ID:2535-4004-3746
PSN: AntooPS

User Info: Damaged7

Damaged7
2 months ago#2
Maybe you should just stop caring so much about it. Plenty of people still use it and will continue to use it. I'm sorry you can't handle that.
FC: 1221-0777-4703

User Info: lukeskywalker66

lukeskywalker66
2 months ago#3
Active users aren't required to buy every s***ty first party rehash. It would appear Pokemon alone is enough to satisfy that interest.
Roses are red, violets are blue;
There are no objects, in PUs.

User Info: irulethegalaxy

irulethegalaxy
2 months ago#4
So you're saying the companies that put tons of money and effort into games should just...what? Not release them? Throw the hundreds of thousands of dollars they've spent in development and labor out the window?

That's stupid. This is the systems' wind down, if you don't want the games that are coming out, don't buy them and move along. Me, I've got half a dozen games easy before end of Q1 I'll be buying.
Friend Code: 5155-2976-5976

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
2 months ago#5
I use my 3DS a lot. I just don't care much for 1st party games. Third parties for me.

User Info: Vitrescent

Vitrescent
2 months ago#6
Move onto the Switch. In contrast, games are selling fantastically on the Switch. Look at the sales for all first party types, indies, etc. People clearly want more games for the system. They will buy anything. People say the 3DS is where games sell. The Switch is in a perfectly place right now too. Game library is small. Crappy games like Pokken and Arms are selling millions because people just want games on the Switch. If those games came out at the end of the Switch life cycle, they would sell like crap.

My point is it's clear the 3DS isn't as viable as it once was. If it was the games would be selling. None of them are. The sales are definitive proof. Look at all major first party releases in the past year. And don't even mention third party LOL. All those games are niche and are selling to a small market.

People keep saying they are releasing games on 3DS because it has more sold units. However, the games aren't selling. My point is this is an indicator in a dwindling active userbase. It's clear it's time to move on.

Pokémon doesn't count either. Say I'm pushing the flagpole, whatever. Pokémon is a guaranteed success anywhere. It's fanbase is not loyal to a specific console. By the time the next mainline game comes out on Switch, the 3DS is tossed.
3DS FC (name: Eric) and Nintendo ID:2535-4004-3746
PSN: AntooPS

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
2 months ago#7
Monster Hunter Stories is niche? Ok.

Still not getting a Switch.

User Info: Katherine1973

Katherine1973
2 months ago#8
Vitrescent posted...
Move onto the Switch.

I don't want to. I have a Wii, but I never bought a WiiU because there was absolutely nothing on it that I wanted to play. So far the Switch also has absolutely nothing on it that I want to play. If Animal Crossing or Story of Seasons ever comes out on it, I might buy one. But right now, I just don't care about buying a Switch. I'm perfectly happy with my 3ds, GBA SP and PS Vita.
Growing old is mandatory. Growing UP is optional!!
FC: 2363-5887-9166

User Info: ArcFan10000

ArcFan10000
2 months ago#9
I agree Katherine. There is nothing on the Switch I wanna play either.
Favs: Persona, Final Fantasy,Tales series PSN: Brian_2030, Nintendo account: Xenoblader2000
Waiting For: Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy 7 Remake

User Info: este914

este914
2 months ago#10
Katherine1973 posted...
Vitrescent posted...
Move onto the Switch.

I don't want to. I have a Wii, but I never bought a WiiU because there was absolutely nothing on it that I wanted to play. So far the Switch also has absolutely nothing on it that I want to play. If Animal Crossing or Story of Seasons ever comes out on it, I might buy one. But right now, I just don't care about buying a Switch. I'm perfectly happy with my 3ds, GBA SP and PS Vita.

Wow. No interest in BotW ?

-
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Systems sold does not equal active users

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived