Importing from Nin-Nin Game, don't know where else to ask this

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Importing from Nin-Nin Game, don't know where else to ask this

User Info: nowgoDie88

nowgoDie88
2 months ago#1
So back in early August, I decided to preorder the Metroid amiibo for Samus Returns from Nin-Nin because they had it available. They got the money and the order was locked in.

Fast forward to September 15, the game releases. Next day, I get an email that the amiibo shipped. The day after that, it "dispatched from outward exchange office" in Osaka. That was the last time the tracking updated, and it's now October 12.

My tracking option stated 2-3 weeks and it's definitely exceeded that by now, no reason it shouldn't at least have hit the states yet. I've emailed them and messaged them on Facebook and gotten no reply, and idk what to do. Again, if this is the wrong board, direct me elsewhere.
I'm so sorry, I picked my username when I was an edgy teenager.

User Info: iMURDAu

iMURDAu
2 months ago#2
Customs yo. Sometimes things get caught up and held for a while. It hasn't been a month but I'd worry if it doesn't show up by next friday starring Ice Cube. I've ordered games all kinds of gaming paraphernalia from Japan and it usually takes about a month if it's standard shipping.
My fake plants died because I didn't pretend to water them.
- Mitch Hedburg

nowgoDie88
2 months ago#3
iMURDAu posted...
Customs yo. Sometimes things get caught up and held for a while. It hasn't been a month but I'd worry if it doesn't show up by next friday starring Ice Cube. I've ordered games all kinds of gaming paraphernalia from Japan and it usually takes about a month if it's standard shipping.

This is more help than their customer service has bothered to give me.

User Info: irulethegalaxy

irulethegalaxy
2 months ago#4
Where are you located? In EU stuff can hit customs and stay there for WEEKS, it's not uncommon. In the US a delay of more than a day or two is unusual, though we did just have that holiday Monday that backs things up a bit.

Assuming you're in the US:
Tracking info is usually "here's the typical case", not a hard and fast rule when it comes to international shipping. Since you used the line "dispatched from outward exchange office", I'm guessing you have a tracking number of some sort (I used to order a LOT of stuff from Japan, I recognize that line LOL). You can use that tracking number on the USPS.com site as well as on the Japanpost site, and once the item hits customs you'll get a lot more info there than on the Japanese site.

Outside the US I am afraid I am not well versed in the tracking systems of various countries, but you can often track international packages on your own countries' postal website.
Friend Code: 5155-2976-5976

nowgoDie88
2 months ago#5
irulethegalaxy posted...
Where are you located? In EU stuff can hit customs and stay there for WEEKS, it's not uncommon. In the US a delay of more than a day or two is unusual, though we did just have that holiday Monday that backs things up a bit.

Assuming you're in the US:
Tracking info is usually "here's the typical case", not a hard and fast rule when it comes to international shipping. Since you used the line "dispatched from outward exchange office", I'm guessing you have a tracking number of some sort (I used to order a LOT of stuff from Japan, I recognize that line LOL). You can use that tracking number on the USPS.com site as well as on the Japanpost site, and once the item hits customs you'll get a lot more info there than on the Japanese site.

Outside the US I am afraid I am not well versed in the tracking systems of various countries, but you can often track international packages on your own countries' postal website.

Oh that's interesting that you can use the tracking number with USPS. I just checked and got nothing new, but still cool.

nowgoDie88
2 months ago#6
UPDATE OH MY GOSH, they had been responding to my emails this whole time, but they all went to spam 😭
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Importing from Nin-Nin Game, don't know where else to ask this

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived