Can't create a Nintendo Network ID

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Can't create a Nintendo Network ID

User Info: VMillionAsh

VMillionAsh
2 months ago#1
When I see the welcome screen on the Nintendo Network ID Settings, I can't proceed because of this message.

"An internet connection is required to link a Nintendo Network ID. Make sure your connection settings are correct via internet settings in the system settings."

I did a connection test and everything was fine. I don't know why I can't create one. Help appreciated.

VMillionAsh
2 months ago#2
VMillionAsh posted...
When I see the welcome screen on the Nintendo Network ID Settings, I can't proceed because of this message.

"An internet connection is required to link a Nintendo Network ID. Make sure your connection settings are correct via internet settings in the system settings."

I did a connection test and everything was fine. I don't know why I can't create one. Help appreciated. Also don't have any other Nintendo consoles that can create a Nintendo Network ID
(message deleted)

User Info: Playsaver

Playsaver
2 months ago#4
On the screen your trying sign in on, in the upper left hand corner of the upper 3ds screen you should have a box that says internet and that box should be blue. That means you are connected to the internet. If that box is gray or green then your not connected to the internet, even if that test said it connected ok.
If you are gray then some other device that uses your router may be kicking your 3ds off the router. If that is happening it might mean the 3ds and the other device are trying to use the same IP address to connect to the router.

VMillionAsh
2 months ago#5
Found out today that my laptop was probably the one kicking the 3DS off my internet router. Thanks for the advice.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Can't create a Nintendo Network ID

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived