Any reason to upgrade to 2DS XL from N3DS XL?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Any reason to upgrade to 2DS XL from N3DS XL?

User Info: BirdWithDreams

BirdWithDreams
2 months ago#1
May thanks in advance...

User Info: zxxcman

zxxcman
2 months ago#2
It's lighter, and you get easier access to the microSD slot.

Pretty sure it's a downgrade in almost every other regard though.
I used to have a good signature, then I got modded for it.
Now I shall try to think of something edgier to put here.

User Info: Raccoon1988

Raccoon1988
2 months ago#3
Downgrade
Don't do it.
Yo-kai Watch
Cuteness is Justice!!!

User Info: mtpfreak

mtpfreak
2 months ago#4
It's a downgrade, it's a budget model with speakers on the underside of the system, cheaper production value, etc.
That it actually has the N3DS spec is a surprise.
3DS FC: RupeeClock - 2019-9640-6656

User Info: SeamusOHassey

SeamusOHassey
2 months ago#5
It's not a downgrade at all despite what uninformed people will tell you. Yes, it is a cheaper model, but that doesn't mean that it is a cheaply made device. It doesn't have the gloss finish the N3DSXL has and that's a huge plus. Obviously it doesn't have 3D, but most games don't utilize it that much.

Oh and you don't have to unscrew the back to get to the SD card. Imo it was worth it, but I went from the standard size N3DS to the 2DSXL.

Unfortunately they are right about the speaker placement, but it's not too big of a deal especially if you have headphones.
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
My future wife -https://fat.gfycat.com/QuickThickJunco.gif

User Info: ZanderKaboose

ZanderKaboose
2 months ago#6
I already did and I am loving my decision. The circle pad is much better and the system itself 'feels' a bit better for my hands. The buttons 'seem' to be in a better placement, but I'm honestly not certain if that is because they are or if I am imagining things. I love the cover for my game slot. The only negative that I would have is the stylus is pretty small, but I still have my original theatrhythm one, so no problem there.
See my opinion is superior because I refuted your statement without actually arguing anything. ~JDM_Jev

User Info: Sarlandogo

Sarlandogo
2 months ago#7
not until a better grip has been made

N3dsxl has far better grip accesories
PSN: Nirlandogo (JP) GeneralRevil369 (SG) 3DS: 3067- 9028 - 2506 FC: SW-8480-5066-8326
SRW FANBOY Currently Playing SRW V and Z2 Saisei-hen

User Info: rockymin

rockymin
2 months ago#8
SeamusOHassey posted...
It's not a downgrade at all despite what uninformed people will tell you. Yes, it is a cheaper model, but that doesn't mean that it is a cheaply made device. It doesn't have the gloss finish the N3DSXL has and that's a huge plus. Obviously it doesn't have 3D, but most games don't utilize it that much.

Oh and you don't have to unscrew the back to get to the SD card. Imo it was worth it, but I went from the standard size N3DS to the 2DSXL.

Unfortunately they are right about the speaker placement, but it's not too big of a deal especially if you have headphones.

Sounds like you are the uninformed one. All 2DS models have less features than the 3DS models. Hence, any 2DS model is a downgrade.
"It's funny how dumb you are" -Bill Cipher
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile

User Info: Trespasser2003

Trespasser2003
2 months ago#9
The N2DS XL is 99% a downgrade. The only upside is debatably the look and feel of the system itself. Personally, I’d rather have more options like 3D than fewer options.
Itchy itchy. scott came. ugly face so killed him. Tasty. 4// itchy. tasty.

User Info: Cory898

Cory898
2 months ago#10
I consider the differences too minimal for not caring about 3D being enough reason to make the change. Why buy a new system with the same capabilities and same size? A little lighter and easier access to a memory card slot? If these mean that much to you by all means give them your money. It wouldn't be for me, even if I didn't use the 3D
Trolling is not an etiquite issue. It is harassment.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Any reason to upgrade to 2DS XL from N3DS XL?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived