Any reason to upgrade to 2DS XL from N3DS XL?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Any reason to upgrade to 2DS XL from N3DS XL?

User Info: SeamusOHassey

SeamusOHassey
2 months ago#41
Gargomon251 posted...
stereoscopic 3d, Dual analog, ZL/ZR buttons, better processing power, nfc reader....and what does the 2DSXL have?

Uh you are aware the 2DSXL has all of that minus the 3D, right?

There's too much misleading information being spread itt from people who don't know what they are talking about.
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
My future wife -https://fat.gfycat.com/QuickThickJunco.gif

User Info: Sethdarkus

Sethdarkus
2 months ago#42
Honestly I say its a downgrade. No issues about the micro SD card, just buy the largest data containing micro SD card your local walmart or any other store that sells micro SD cards have and you are good to go and likely will never have to unscrew it again.

on the plus note you will have a near infinite space to contain any downloadable game.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
2 months ago#43
SeamusOHassey posted...
Gargomon251 posted...
stereoscopic 3d, Dual analog, ZL/ZR buttons, better processing power, nfc reader....and what does the 2DSXL have?

There's too much misleading information being spread itt from people who don't know what they are talking about.

He said 2DSXL, not New 2DSXL.

Now if you're telling me that there IS no "non-new" 2DSXL, then that's confusing.

That said, it's still not an upgrade by any means, since the New 2DSXL does not have any features that New 3DSXL doesn't, as far as I know.
I'm sick of off topic threads and abusive mods.
u/Gargomon251

User Info: ZodiacSoldier

ZodiacSoldier
2 months ago#44
If you have a working new 3DS XL, there is now reason to get the new 2DS XL since it is technically a down grade.

I'm getting a new 2DS XL because my current new 3DS XL has a messed up circle pad and a unresponsive right shoulder button (and I never use the 3D), other wise I wouldn't bother.
PSN: ZodiacSoldierJL // 3DS FC: 3797-9082-8623 // 2DS FC: 0276-2240-8971
Switch FC: SW-6184-3549-7403 // FE Fates CC: 14211-52887-12563-84373

User Info: zxxcman

zxxcman
2 months ago#45
Gargomon251 posted...
SeamusOHassey posted...
Gargomon251 posted...

Now if you're telling me that there IS no "non-new" 2DSXL, then that's confusing.

That said, it's still not an upgrade by any means, since the New 2DSXL does not have any features that New 3DSXL doesn't, as far as I know.

There's no "old" 2DSXL, so any mention of a 2ds xl refers to a new 2ds xl (the black/blue and white/orange ones released a couple of months ago) by default.
I used to have a good signature, then I got modded for it.
Now I shall try to think of something edgier to put here.

ZodiacSoldier
2 months ago#46
Gargomon251 posted...
SeamusOHassey posted...
Gargomon251 posted...

It's implied since there is no such thing as a regular 2DS XL, the only 2DS released before the New 2DS XL was this one (called the 2DS) and it only has the small screen sizes.

https://i.imgur.com/5kazGF2.jpg

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
2 months ago#47
Gargomon251 posted...
SeamusOHassey posted...
Gargomon251 posted...

You know what he meant, stop being so difficult
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123
"Mario and Luigi Paper Jam is better then Paper Mario TTYD" -SeamusOHassey

User Info: zxxcman

zxxcman
2 months ago#48
ZodiacSoldier posted...
I'm getting a new 2DS XL because my current new 3DS XL has a messed up circle pad and a unresponsive right shoulder button (and I never use the 3D), other wise I wouldn't bother.

Huh, what are the odds. That's almost the exact same reason I replaced mine. Sure the SNES games and Xenoblade Chronicles are a plus, but the damaged circle pad and stucky right shoulder (as well as about fifty scratches, I kinda got the 3ds xl used, them scratches helped me get a good deal on it, but they make it ugly to look at) are why I retired my old 3ds xl and grabbed a 2ds xl last month. I still use the old one (local pokemon trades, especially the gbc games, helps with the nostalgia), but it's mostly retired now.
I used to have a good signature, then I got modded for it.
Now I shall try to think of something edgier to put here.

ZodiacSoldier
2 months ago#49
Yea i actually bought mine in February 2015 on release date, so it lasted almost 3 years, think it was worth it considering all the hours of gaming it provided.

I actually bought the pokemon edition so I have to wait another 2 weeks or so before I get it T.T

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
2 months ago#50
ZodiacSoldier posted...
there is no such thing as a regular 2DS XL,

zxxcman posted...
There's no "old" 2DSXL, so any mention of a 2ds xl refers to a new 2ds xl

Well I didn't know this. They already had 3ds, 3dsxl, new 3ds, new 3dsxl so how was I to expect they'd have 2ds, new 2ds, new 2dsxl but not 2dsxl?
I'm sick of off topic threads and abusive mods.
u/Gargomon251
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Any reason to upgrade to 2DS XL from N3DS XL?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived