what are the best 3ds games out there?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. what are the best 3ds games out there?

User Info: roseybjb

roseybjb
1 month ago#1
what are the best games out there, I normally play pokemon and dragon ball but it does get little boring playing the same game over and over. what other game should I get to try?

User Info: zxxcman

zxxcman
1 month ago#2
Well, if you don't want to stray too far from your comfort zone, I'd recommend Dragon Quest. It's a turn based JRPG series with the artwork being done almost exclusively by the dude that made Dragon Ball, so it'd probably be something that you'd love given that you enjoy pokemon and dragon ball.

If anything goes, I'd recommend giving Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate a try.

For platformers, you can't really go wrong with either Super Mario 3d Land or New Super Mario Bros 2. You'd get complains about them from veterans to the series, but I personally think it's mostly people that played too many mario games and are burnt out on the series. Mega Man Zero Collection (DS game, should work no problems with any 3ds/2ds though) and Mega Man Legacy Collection are two very solid options as well.

And to end my small list of recommendations, I'd go with a pair of Virtual Novels/puzzle games. The Zero Escape series (first game, 999, is a DS game, the last two are available on the 3DS. All three are available on the PS4,PC, and PSVita if you'd prefer that) is quite great if you want a story based series. The Phoenix Wright games have way less puzzles than Zero Escape, but they (kinda) have a lighter themed storyline.
I used to have a good signature, then I got modded for it.
Now I shall try to think of something edgier to put here.

roseybjb
1 month ago#3
zxxcman posted...
Well, if you don't want to stray too far from your comfort zone, I'd recommend Dragon Quest. It's a turn based JRPG series with the artwork being done almost exclusively by the dude that made Dragon Ball, so it'd probably be something that you'd love given that you enjoy pokemon and dragon ball.

If anything goes, I'd recommend giving Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate a try.

For platformers, you can't really go wrong with either Super Mario 3d Land or New Super Mario Bros 2. You'd get complains about them from veterans to the series, but I personally think it's mostly people that played too many mario games and are burnt out on the series. Mega Man Zero Collection (DS game, should work no problems with any 3ds/2ds though) and Mega Man Legacy Collection are two very solid options as well.

And to end my small list of recommendations, I'd go with a pair of Virtual Novels/puzzle games. The Zero Escape series (first game, 999, is a DS game, the last two are available on the 3DS. All three are available on the PS4,PC, and PSVita if you'd prefer that) is quite great if you want a story based series. The Phoenix Wright games have way less puzzles than Zero Escape, but they (kinda) have a lighter themed storyline.

ok I will go check those games out, thank you

User Info: xSupah

xSupah
1 month ago#4
If you enjoy fighting games and don't have it for the Wii U, then Smash 3DS is a really great pick. Always amazes me how it's simply Smash in the palm of your hands that you can take wherever you go. If you like racing games, then I can also recommend Mario Kart 7. It's one of my favorites aside Mario Kart Wii and always enjoy playing a race or two online. Just beware that there are hackers now on the online portion. Kid Icarus: Uprising is another game I can definitely recommend. It's a mixture of on rails shooting and then shooter/beat-em-up. Game is charming, hilarious and quite long. It pokes fun at other Nintendo titles and breaks the forth wall a bit and that's what make me love it so much. The controls can take some time getting used too but once you do, you're in for a treat.
PSN: ThaBeast871 | Steam: imSupah
Feel free to add me. Always looking for more people to play with and have a good time.

User Info: bigtim777

bigtim777
1 month ago#5
Tales of the Abyss
Xenoblade Chronicles
Dragon Quest VIII
Shin Megami Tensei IV

And a lot more. :)
Mutton, fresh mutton!

User Info: pichuscute0

pichuscute0
1 month ago#6
Some of my favorites are:

Kid Icarus: Uprising. It has controls that take some getting used to (similar to Metroid Prime Hunters on DS), but if you can do it, you're in for a fantastic ride. The game is both gorgeous and honestly one of the most consistently hilarious games I've ever played.

Shin Megami Tensei IV. Personally, my favorite RPG on the console. It treats itself as a full-blown console JRPG on a handheld, and it makes a ton of usability improvements to the series, too. The demo fusion mechanic is as fun and addictive as ever, as is the combat. If you like turn-based RPGs, or even just Pokemon, this is a must-try.

Animal Crossing New Leaf. I love this game to death and Animal Crossing is ideal for a handheld. It's charming, pretty, relaxing, and addictive. It's one of the games I've played the most consistently throught the 3DS's life, and if you haven't played an Animal Crossing, this is the one to pick up.

Zelda: Link Between World. The best 2D Zelda, period. If you like Zelda at all, pick this up. It's open-ended, filled with stuff to find, has awesome puzzles and dungeons, and looks great in 3D. It harkens back to the classic Link to the Past on SNES, and does that world a lot of justice, imo.

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. One of the most polished RPGs money can buy, and a fantastic Strategy RPG. If you haven't played a game in the series, I might recommend Awakening first instead, but even if you aren't a fan of the genre, this (or Awakening) are must-buy 3DS games, as some of the best games on the console.

Kirby: Triple Deluxe (or Planet Robobot? I haven't played that one yet). Possibly the best Kirby game so far. It does everything perfectly for a Kirby platformer, uses 3D great, is absolutely beautiful, fun, and at times even difficult. If you want a Kirby to play, I'd recommend this one first.

Attack of the Friday Monsters. This is a strange but insanely charming adventure game that is on the eShop. It feels much like you are playing a Studio Ghibli film, and I fell in love. The gameplay is oddly a lot more exploration and characters than the simple card game it sometimes has you play, but it's one of my favorite gaming experiences. Something everyone should experience at least once.

Honorable mentions include: SM3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Metroid: Samus Returns, Beyond the Labyrinth (JPN only), Persona Q, and Xenoblade.

User Info: TallTamryu

TallTamryu
1 month ago#7
Monster Hunter 4U: Because reasons.
"Guys don't treat girls right, that's why the lesbian rate's going up"

User Info: Hyaku_Man

Hyaku_Man
1 month ago#8
I recommend Rune Factory 4.
I think you'll like it.
PSN: DaxterCruz
I only play BB, Dark Souls and sometimes Overwatch online.

User Info: Richardwilliams

Richardwilliams
1 month ago#9
I like listing game's, so here are my 3ds favorites.

Assassination Classroom
Corpse party blood covered repeated fear
Tales of the Abyss
Biohazard Revolations
Pokémon x,y,s,m
Dragon Quest XI, X , VIII and VII.
Dragon Quest monsters joker 3
Monster Hunter stories
Monster Hunter Double Cross
Monster Hunter 4

There are more.
Japanese 3DS Fc:1822-2063-3814
If you add ^^^ message me please.

roseybjb
1 month ago#10
Ok thanks everyone I will check out those games
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. what are the best 3ds games out there?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived