Is it worth buying the New 3DS XL now that the Switch is out?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is it worth buying the New 3DS XL now that the Switch is out?

User Info: xTyrant---

xTyrant---
2 months ago#1
Last handheld I played was a Gameboy, and now that I'm dorming at a university i'd really like something to kind of help me cope with the 400+ page readings I have to do weekly. As far as I'm aware, the only difference between the New 3DS XL and the New 2DS XL is that the 3DS has 3D, which isn't a "must" for me, but I do like having that option, which is why I'll go with the New 3DS XL and don't mind dishing out the extra $50. As far as I'm aware, everything else is pretty much the exact same as far as specs and performance. However, I am a little hesitant of buying the New 3DS XL if I know that the DS line will die out now that the Switch is out.

With that said, what do you guys think? Should I get the New 3DS XL now that the switch is out? I'm mainly buying it for the main Pokemon series games.

Will Nintendo end the DS line now with the release of the Switch?

Do you guys think that the main series Pokemon games will from now on be released on the Switch after Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon?

User Info: BinBinricecake

BinBinricecake
2 months ago#2
I mean no disrespect to you but, how many topics have we had just like this one?

And simply put:
3DS: Has an established library you can immediately access and buy
Switch: Still has a growing library
/BinBinricecake - Morgan - Warrior/~"You're brothers-in-nobody's-arms. Family that's lonely together is bro-nly together"
-Teddy

xTyrant---
2 months ago#3
BinBinricecake posted...
I mean no disrespect to you but, how many topics have we had just like this one?

And simply put:

Sorry, but was I expected to scroll through every page to see if someone had a similar topic as mine before posting? Not to mention that I also asked other questions and not simply whether the New 3DS XL is worth it or not.

User Info: KirbyFan20

KirbyFan20
2 months ago#4
Yes, get it. You won't be disappointed.
3DS FC: 4811-7980-0973

User Info: ThatSageGuy

ThatSageGuy
2 months ago#5
xTyrant--- posted...
BinBinricecake posted...

And simply put:

Sorry, but was I expected to scroll through every page to see if someone had a similar topic as mine before posting? Not to mention that I also asked other questions and not simply whether the New 3DS XL is worth it or not.

There is this handy feature called the search function. So there is no need to scroll through every page.

But yes, it's worth it.
Wow I cant believe that people dont even care about what I think and ignorin me, this is just really sad.-The_Orignal
Uh welcome to the real world?-psprulz2007

User Info: Raccoon1988

Raccoon1988
2 months ago#6
ThatSageGuy posted...
xTyrant--- posted...
BinBinricecake posted...

And simply put:

There is this handy feature called the search function. So there is no need to scroll through every page.

But yes, it's worth it.

Exactly!!! Just search "switch" there will at least be around 20 topics asking this question.

And the same goes for "is the 3ds dying" topic.
Yo-kai Watch
Cuteness is Justice!!!

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
2 months ago#7
It was always worth it.
If you don't like microtransactions in full priced AAA games, vote with your wallet and don't buy those games.

xTyrant---
2 months ago#8
Do you guys just think there going to stop making the main Pokémon games for the DS and start making them on the Switch from now on?

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
2 months ago#9
I think they'll do 3DS again for Gen 8, then another spinoff Pokemon game for Switch, then Gen 9 will be on the Switch.
If you don't like microtransactions in full priced AAA games, vote with your wallet and don't buy those games.

User Info: xSupah

xSupah
2 months ago#10
I don't know in regards to your Pokemon question but for your OP question, I'll say yes. Switch is still relevantly new and their library is slowing getting bigger and bigger while the 3DS has been out for quite a few years now and have a great library of games. I bought a 2DS XL just last week and I don't regret it one bit. I get to play all the 3DS games I always wanted to try and don't have to wait for no release dates since as I said the 3DS library is huge and full of amazing games on it's own. I'm sure you won't regret it.
PSN: ThaBeast871 | Steam: imSupah
Feel free to add me. Always looking for more people to play with and have a good time.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is it worth buying the New 3DS XL now that the Switch is out?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived