Upgrading from original 3DS to New 2DS XL - data transfer questions

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Upgrading from original 3DS to New 2DS XL - data transfer questions

User Info: djruden

djruden
2 months ago#1
So I bought my 3DS on release day and I have a lot of stuff on it. All the Ambassador games and many purchased games and some DLC. My system is pretty chock full and there's some spillover onto my SD card as well. (original SD, just 2 gb I think)

Now I was looking to get the New 2DS XL maybe tomorrow or soon and was wondering if someone with experience doing a data transfer could give me some pointers as to the best way to manage it all or point me to the best resources available online I could look over while I do it.

It would be nice if I could just transfer SOME of the games to the New 2DS and leave some of the stuff on the old system but I don't think it will work that way, but that's fine assuming that's true. I'll still prefer to just transfer it all all then.

Anyway, if someone could help out any and all information is much appreciated!

User Info: IrateGameFAQer

IrateGameFAQer
2 months ago#2
transfers are all or nothing.

this is the official transfer video from nintendo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y88G3tp_f88

I used it myself when I upgraded..pretty straight forward.
"at least be grateful Nintendo isn't charging you right now." -Unknown
Lesson to be learned: Be grateful for mediocrity.

User Info: djruden

djruden
2 months ago#3
Cool, thanks

Just watched the video and it seemed a little simpler than I was thinking it would be in my head. I should have all the stuff necessary it mentioned so no probs there.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Upgrading from original 3DS to New 2DS XL - data transfer questions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived