Is the shop on the 3DS hooked to my Nintendo Network ID?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is the shop on the 3DS hooked to my Nintendo Network ID?

User Info: xTyrant---

xTyrant---
1 month ago#1
Purchased Pokémon Gold on my 3DS before going to the Miiverse thing and setting up a Nintendo account id or whatever. Since I purchased Pokémon gold before making the network Id and Nintendo account, if I ever switch to another 3DS, will I not be able to download that game onto the other device?

xTyrant---
1 month ago#2
xTyrant--- posted...
Purchased Pokémon Gold on my 3DS before going to the Miiverse thing and setting up a Nintendo account id or whatever. Since I purchased Pokémon gold before making the network Id and Nintendo account, if I ever switch to another 3DS, will I not be able to download that game onto the other device?

ANyone?

User Info: ThatSageGuy

ThatSageGuy
1 month ago#3
Learn to be patient.

If the system has an ID now, you shouldn't have a problem.
Wow I cant believe that people dont even care about what I think and ignorin me, this is just really sad.-The_Orignal
Uh welcome to the real world?-psprulz2007

xTyrant---
1 month ago#4
ThatSageGuy posted...
Learn to be patient.

If the system has an ID now, you shouldn't have a problem.

Where I would be able to see the download list history on the Nintendo shop on my computer? I want to make sure it’s on there

ThatSageGuy
1 month ago#5
Boot up the eshop, then scroll to the left, one of those options will show your purchase history.
Wow I cant believe that people dont even care about what I think and ignorin me, this is just really sad.-The_Orignal

xTyrant---
1 month ago#6
ThatSageGuy posted...
Boot up the eshop, then scroll to the left, one of those options will show your purchase history.

Just did and it says that if I want to check my history of purchases I'd have to go on the 3DS, which is strange because I bought just now Pokemon Silver as well through the site and nothing still shows up on the history download list. Normal?

ThatSageGuy
1 month ago#7
I meant boot it up on your 3ds, not your browser.

User Info: bungiefan

bungiefan
1 month ago#8
When you connect an NNID to the console, it links all past purchases on that console to the NNID. NNID came out after the system did, so it has to work that way.
http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.html
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/wrines88

xTyrant---
1 month ago#9
bungiefan posted...
When you connect an NNID to the console, it links all past purchases on that console to the NNID. NNID came out after the system did, so it has to work that way.

Awesome :) Thank you very much for this! So if I were to switch to another 3DS, if I went to my download list history, I'd be able to see the Pokemon Gold game I bought before I made my NNID in the list?

User Info: thedicemaster

thedicemaster
1 month ago#10
you can't use your NNID on a second 3DS, you'll need to do a system transfer which copies over all your games even if you don't have an NNID yet.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is the shop on the 3DS hooked to my Nintendo Network ID?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived