Esoteric question about the Zelda Oracle games.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Esoteric question about the Zelda Oracle games.

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
2 months ago#11
I'm reading that like a call for help; had a talk recently with your shrink?
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

User Info: NinjaSquirtle

NinjaSquirtle
2 months ago#12
https://github.com/kabili207/oracle-of-secrets-win
Would that help?

User Info: Red Link

Red Link
2 months ago#13
You can get the advance rings another way. After beating both games, you can use your hero password to start new files in GBA compatible versions of each game and get the rings in those games. Once you've done that, you can get an updated ring secret from the snake in the ring shop, which you can then enter into your VC versions of the games to get the rings.

User Info: Sailor_Razor

Sailor_Razor
2 months ago#14
Red Link posted...
You can get the advance rings another way. After beating both games, you can use your hero password to start new files in GBA compatible versions of each game and get the rings in those games. Once you've done that, you can get an updated ring secret from the snake in the ring shop, which you can then enter into your VC versions of the games to get the rings.

I took the spirit of that, except what I did instead was use Gameshark cheats to get the Time Ring in Seasons' continuation (and the Nature Ring because too lazy to get 100 Rupees/cheat for infinite rupees), then used the secrets provided by having done that.

Shame the Advance Shop isn't open in the 3DS versions. That single-handedly prevents them from being objectively superior to the originals in every way, but I'll take Advance Shop bulls*** over battery saves any day.

Here are the cheats, for anyone interested.

GBA Time Ring Only in Seasons - 014017C6
GBA Nature Ring Only in Seasons - 01081CC6

User Info: CW Boi 209

CW Boi 209
2 months ago#15
The funny thing is that Nintendo went the extra mile by making sure their Pokemon games can link with each other when they brought them to the VC, but they didn't even bother to fix something as minor as this.
i7 4790 | ASRock H97M ITX | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | SanDisk Ultra II 960GB SSD | EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB SC+ ACX 2.0+ | CM Elite 130

User Info: Sailor_Razor

Sailor_Razor
2 months ago#16
CW Boi 209 posted...
The funny thing is that Nintendo went the extra mile by making sure their Pokemon games can link with each other when they brought them to the VC, but they didn't even bother to fix something as minor as this.

I can one up that. In the very same games, they gutted Blue Snake's scripts. In the originals you can have him link up games to get free rings, but in the 3DS versions he's impossible to even talk to, he just doesn't respond.

So they bothered to remove Blue Snake's scripts, but didn't force the Advance Shop open.

Quite something.

User Info: McBick

McBick
1 month ago#17
https://www.gamefaqs.com/gbc/472313-the-legend-of-zelda-oracle-of-ages/faqs/67302#section17

Go to the GBA exclusive rings section and you can easily find out what to change your password to in order to get the GBA rings.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Esoteric question about the Zelda Oracle games.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived