Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are gonna be the ultimate 3DS games ever!!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are gonna be the ultimate 3DS games ever!!

User Info: xenosaga123

xenosaga123
1 month ago#1
the ultimate 3DS games!!

http://gematsu.com/2017/10/pokemon-ultra-sun-ultra-moon-scenario-twice-volume-sun-moon

User Info: shinyspheal

shinyspheal
1 month ago#2
twice as disappointing, twice as boring, surely the pinnacle of pokemon games.
MHPortable 3rd AGGL true Legend. I am one of the real main reasons Bushido & Brave Gunlancing exists today on MHX/X. Please show appropriate respect. Thx.

User Info: xenosaga123

xenosaga123
1 month ago#3
shinyspheal posted...

oh come on a true fan wouldn't say that. and besides, these games are worthy Pokemon games.

they haven't gone astray and didn't alienate the fanbase like Final Fantasy and Sonic are doing with their lopsided bad decisions.

the new Pokemon games stand out while not being too different.

User Info: irulethegalaxy

irulethegalaxy
1 month ago#4
I don't care what anyone elses' opinion is, I'm legit hyped to revisit Alola. I think it could have used a bit more time between entries, but I still have my steelbook edition paid off and I'm counting down the days. Might give myself a 3-day weekend to just sink in and explore ^_^
Friend Code: 5155-2976-5976

User Info: shinyspheal

shinyspheal
1 month ago#5
xenosaga123 posted...
oh come on a true fan wouldn't say that. and besides, these games are worthy Pokemon games.

they haven't gone astray and didn't alienate the fanbase like Final Fantasy and Sonic are doing with their lopsided bad decisions.

Oh really? then I guess we just have to conform to having half-baked games released every year, good to know real fans always support their franchise regardless of laziness and a steep decline in quality, I guess I'm lacking in that department, gotta step my game up!

That lack of departure and lack to commitment to new things is what is slowly killing pokemon, I was so hyped for Pokemon Sun and Moon, but they revealed most things on trailers, now, the amount of things revealed wasn't the problem, nor the percentage in relation to the total, it was the total amount, when gen 6 was out I thought the lack of new pokemon and the technical problems the games had were due to GF being lacking on the 3D programming skills and I was certain they'd solve that by gen 7... they barely did any improvements, lack of new pokemon, bare-bones post-game and the game still suffers from performance issues...

I was ecstatic for Alolan forms, old pokemon with a new coat of paint! sadly they were just a hand-full, and the only new one we were left to discover was one line, Geodude, no more.

New Pokemon? still a hand-full of unannounced pokemon and in total, barely an improvement over gen 6, no megas, slow and pointless (story-wise) moves that look cool at first, but become an annoyance later on, an interesting post-game that is over before you know it and the same broken battle facility, that relies on sheer luck and hacks, no thanks, I've already gone through that enough times.

Also, the new games seem to take 3 steps forward and 5 backwards, Hyper training was a god-send, now the playing field would be more leveled, whoops, getting to level 100 is a straining hassle, I'd rather just breed the perfect pokemon. The trials? some were interesting, but gimmicky and too easy, totem pokemon were either unfair or again, too easy, they were just like gyms but were all over the place, and badly paced.

No more Hoarde battles? Ok, S.O.S battles take their place... and they are worse... training takes a little tad more, but it's luck based, I know I can up the odds, but still, it's far more inconvenient, catching pokemon when they constantly call for help drag battles, shiny hunting with them is also tedious, all in all, not a very good mechanic.

The story? Geez, I bet this new white, pristine organization is good, I bet they don't have any ill intentions, the story was predictable as hell, even team Flare and team Plasma, hell, even Team Rocket felt more cohesive and relevant, the Aether Foundation just rushes at the end and it doesn't blend well with the rest of the story. I can already tell what the story is gonna be in the new games, you'd have to be blind not to see how everything is gonna play out, if it ends up any different I'll be surprised and eat all my words, but I'm confident enough it wont happen.

Festival Plaza... Oh god, I thought this was gonna be fun, but it turned into a grindy, slow mess, I could ignore the rest and just focus on the main things, battling and trading, still, that's more screens I have to go through, and the lame handling of online functionalities, I end up with bans due to my unstable connection, I'd rather spend time on other games.

Look I love pokemon, but GF seems to have reached a rough place in terms of making pokemon, I'd love if USUM turns out to be amazing, I'm yearning for it, I've even tried to fool myself into really liking them, but it's just that, I want to genuinely enjoy the games, and if getting GF to stop being lazy again takes a little dip in their sales numbers, I'd say it's a small price to pay.
MHPortable 3rd AGGL true Legend. I am one of the real main reasons Bushido & Brave Gunlancing exists today on MHX/X. Please show appropriate respect. Thx.

User Info: Stefan1277

Stefan1277
1 month ago#6
xenosaga123 posted...
shinyspheal posted...

Correction: A true fan understands that criticism is needed when something doesn't deliver. A fanboy obsesses over something and praises it regardless.

Sun and Moon were incredibly barren and bland. It had plenty of issues for people to pick on, and now they plan on building upon them. They're essentially building/trying to fix an very flawed foundations. I shouldn't need to continue explaining what this will cause.
Gamefaqs users in one article:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-behaviors-modern-world-only-making-worse/

User Info: OdaNobuna

OdaNobuna
1 month ago#7
It's difficult to make a Pkm game worse than SM... but I'll skip USUM.
Playing: Sonic Mania; Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight; The Legend of Zelda: BotW; Kancolle; WoW: Legion.

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
1 month ago#8
The twice as much dialogue?

.....Twice as much Lillie? Dear Arceus no!

It's difficult to make a Pkm game worse than SM...

X/Y and especially B/W succeeded in spades.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

User Info: irulethegalaxy

irulethegalaxy
1 month ago#9
As far as I can tell, Pokemon fans actually don't like Pokemon. *shrugs*
Friend Code: 5155-2976-5976

User Info: SeamusOHassey

SeamusOHassey
1 month ago#10
irulethegalaxy posted...
I don't care what anyone elses' opinion is, I'm legit hyped to revisit Alola. I think it could have used a bit more time between entries, but I still have my steelbook edition paid off and I'm counting down the days. Might give myself a 3-day weekend to just sink in and explore ^_^

This. I'm liking what I've seen so far.
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
My future wife -https://fat.gfycat.com/QuickThickJunco.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are gonna be the ultimate 3DS games ever!!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived