Best RPG on the Nintendo shop that won't break the bank?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Best RPG on the Nintendo shop that won't break the bank?

User Info: Cruller_Zero

Cruller_Zero
2 months ago#1
It's late and I'm bored
I am a certified G and a bonafide stud and you can't teach that!

User Info: irulethegalaxy

irulethegalaxy
2 months ago#2
If you're not opposed to physical or DS games, Square Enix just put all of their 3DS and DS games on sale on their online shop.

Other than that....try Denpa Men. There are demos, so you can try before actually purchasing.
Friend Code: 5155-2976-5976

User Info: Cruller_Zero

Cruller_Zero
2 months ago#3
irulethegalaxy posted...
If you're not opposed to physical or DS games, Square Enix just put all of their 3DS and DS games on sale on their online shop.

Other than that....try Denpa Men. There are demos, so you can try before actually purchasing.

I got no problem with physical games and that is an excellent call I'm going to check out the Square Enix stuff. I'm just in a real impulse buy mood, I'll take a look at Denpa Men
I am a certified G and a bonafide stud and you can't teach that!

User Info: Justice98405

Justice98405
2 months ago#4
Are you at all a fan of table-top RPG's? If so, look into Crimson Shroud. eShop exclusive, it's fairly short from what I've heard, but it's really cool.
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN (Vita): Justice_98405, Steam: psn_justice_98405, Battle.net (Diablo III/RoS): Justice#1912.

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
2 months ago#5
Justice98405 posted...
Are you at all a fan of table-top RPG's? If so, look into Crimson Shroud. eShop exclusive, it's fairly short from what I've heard, but it's really cool.

It also has the worst, most despicable padding I've ever seen in any videogame in my entire life.

You must repeat one specific fight for ever and ever in chapter 2 until you get a very specific random drop to continue the game. There is no way to increase the drop rate, nor to actually know that THIS fight has the required item.

It's boring, it's tedious, it makes no sense, it was added solely to allow the game to last for more than 2 hours. f*** this game truly.
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

User Info: Justice98405

Justice98405
2 months ago#6
@Salocool, that's sad. I apparently didn't get to that part of the game (I've got too many games). But I LOVED the presentation of the game. But that does sound really crappy. :(
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN (Vita): Justice_98405, Steam: psn_justice_98405, Battle.net (Diablo III/RoS): Justice#1912.

User Info: Josiv_Vito

Josiv_Vito
2 months ago#7
irulethegalaxy posted...

holy....
i didn't know square was selling their DS games online whoa
do you know if these are carts only or...?
EA is a problem

User Info: Blue Bomber 99

Blue Bomber 99
2 months ago#8
Only caution I'd throw to buying from the SquareEnix store is that while the prices and selection are fantastic, shipping prices and the physical shipping itself can really kill the deal, so watch out. It's been quite some time since I've dealt with them, so this may not still be true though.

User Info: Josiv_Vito

Josiv_Vito
2 months ago#9
Blue Bomber 99 posted...
Only caution I'd throw to buying from the SquareEnix store is that while the prices and selection are fantastic, shipping prices and the physical shipping itself can really kill the deal, so watch out. It's been quite some time since I've dealt with them, so this may not still be true though.

if i get a sealed copy of chocobo tales sealed it'll still be worth it with shipping believe that
do you know if they are shipped brand new?
EA is a problem

User Info: SeamusOHassey

SeamusOHassey
2 months ago#10
Earthbound is $10 on the VC. Breath of Fore 1 and 2 are also on the VC as well assuming you have a new 3DS or 2DSXL.
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
My future wife -https://fat.gfycat.com/QuickThickJunco.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Best RPG on the Nintendo shop that won't break the bank?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived