Eshop recommendation help

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Eshop recommendation help

User Info: Darkstorm16

Darkstorm16
1 month ago#1
I know this is a shot in the dark, and truth be told it seems like eshop games are not as popular as retail games. That being said I’m looking for some fun eshop games worth my time and even virtual consoles worth my time. Here’s a list of games I have:
3dsware:
Guild-05
3D Classics Excitebike
3D Classics Kid Icarus
3D Classics Kirby’s Adventure
3D Classics Twinbee
3D Classics Urban Champion
Adventure Bar Story
Ash
AiRace Xeno
Bomb Monkey
Box Boy!
Convent Dream
Crashmo
Dedede’s Drum Dash Deluxe
Demon King Box
Digger Dan DX
Dillon’s Rolling Western
Fairune
Gunman Clive
Gunman Clive 2
Kerloosh!
The Legend of Dark Witch
Mercenaries Saga 2: Order of the Silver Eagle
Mighty Gunvolt
Mighty Switch Force
Moon
Mutant Mudds
Mutant Mudds Super Challenge
Nano Assault EX
Olli Olli
Parascientific Escape Cruise in the distant sea
Petit Novel Series Harvest December
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Dual Destinies
Pocket Jockey
Puzzle Labyrinth
Pushmo
Shantae and the Pirates Curse
Steamworld Dig
Sweet Memories Blackjack
VVVVVV
Witch and Hero
Witch and Hero 2
Woah Dave!
Xeodrifter

virtual console
The Legend of Zelda
Super Mario Bros.
Mega Man VII
Donkey Kong (gb)
Kirby’s dream land
Kirby’s Pinball Land
Kirby’s dream land 2
Metroid II The Return of Samus
Kirby’s Block Ball
Kid Icarus Of Myths and Monsters
Mega Man II
Mario Picross
Super Mario Land
Super Mario Land 2
Tetris
Sonic the Hedgehog Triple Trouble
Harvest Moon (gbc)
The Legend of Zelda Links Awakening
The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages
The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Seasons
Mario Golf
Pokémon TCG
Wario Land II

Anything else you can think of I’d appreciate it thank you!
Nintendo Network/PSN: Desertking24/Steam:Desertking23
Mario Maker: 4481-0000-0110-25DA

User Info: Justice98405

Justice98405
1 month ago#2
The other two BoxBoy games! Or did you not like the first one?
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN (Vita): Justice_98405, Steam: psn_justice_98405, Battle.net (Diablo III/RoS): Justice#1912.

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
1 month ago#3
If you like PC simulation games, or slow-ish games, you should look into A-Train City Simulator 3D (not exact title but close) or the I am an Air Traffic Controller Airport Hero series. Stupid title, but the games are unique and if you like airports or just watching planes in general, then I think you will enjoy these a lot. A-Train is by far the best "PC game converted to a handheld" I've ever seen. It's not actually a PC game, but it's as indepth as one.

If you like solitaire Mahjong or Solitaire games, then the best ones IMO on the eshop is Best of Mahjong and Best of Solitaire, both by Cosmigo.

I noticed you don't have any SEGA 3D Classics. Why is that? Some of those are really good, like After Burner II and Out Run. Those are my favourites, actually. GG Columns is good too.

For VC you should get Revenge of the 'Gator. I noticed you have Kirby's Pinball and IMO 'Gator is better. Also Super Castlevania IV, Contra 3, and Super C.

Also enjoyed Dr Mario Miracle Cure and Crimson Shroud. Aero Porter is fun but super hard.

Darkstorm16
1 month ago#4
Justice98405 posted...
The other two BoxBoy games! Or did you not like the first one?

They are on my wishlist lolFreelance_Wolf posted...
If you like PC simulation games, or slow-ish games, you should look into A-Train City Simulator 3D (not exact title but close) or the I am an Air Traffic Controller Airport Hero series. Stupid title, but the games are unique and if you like airports or just watching planes in general, then I think you will enjoy these a lot. A-Train is by far the best "PC game converted to a handheld" I've ever seen. It's not actually a PC game, but it's as indepth as one.

If you like solitaire Mahjong or Solitaire games, then the best ones IMO on the eshop is Best of Mahjong and Best of Solitaire, both by Cosmigo.

I noticed you don't have any SEGA 3D Classics. Why is that? Some of those are really good, like After Burner II and Out Run. Those are my favourites, actually. GG Columns is good too.

For VC you should get Revenge of the 'Gator. I noticed you have Kirby's Pinball and IMO 'Gator is better. Also Super Castlevania IV, Contra 3, and Super C.

Also enjoyed Dr Mario Miracle Cure and Crimson Shroud. Aero Porter is fun but super hard.
I was debating wether to get that sega genesis 3d collection, on top of I love pc style games, I’m a pc gamer myself I was also possibly looking into what indie games are fun on the 3ds too

User Info: iMURDAu

iMURDAu
1 month ago#5
Mario Golf for GBC. For the longest time it was the only game besides OoT that got a perfect 10 on IGN. It still holds up imo.

Idk how old you are but Afterburner II and OutRun along with Super Hang-On really scratch the arcade nostalgia itch.
My fake plants died because I didn't pretend to water them.
- Mitch Hedburg

Darkstorm16
1 month ago#6
iMURDAu posted...
Mario Golf for GBC. For the longest time it was the only game besides OoT that got a perfect 10 on IGN. It still holds up imo.

Idk how old you are but Afterburner II and OutRun along with Super Hang-On really scratch the arcade nostalgia itch.
I’m 28 but I grew up on the snes and nes but thereabouts only a few games I had back then I’m not sure what’s good on the virtual consoles I may have missed
Ambition of the Slimes
Fairune 2

User Info: lali_puna

lali_puna
1 month ago#8
There are so many hidden gems I barely see someone talk about. Glad, you made this topic. ^^

I did browse the entire eShop and made a wishlist, but first the titles I actually own (titles marked with !, I consider "Must buys"):
!Hydroventure AKA Fluidity 2 - A serious GOAT, IMO. It's a great Metroidvania, that feels like Zelda where you play a puddle of water. Unique and very fun!
Samurai Defender - Not great, not bad, just a fun and solid Tower Defence game
City Builder 3D Rise of the Rails - Neat and unique train simulation where you can build your own tracks, too
!Of Mice and Sand - Simulation game similar to Fallout Shelter
League of Heros - Neat arcade Hack'n'Slash like Diablo for the mindless fun.

On my wishlist there still is:
Mini Golf Resort
Frontier Days Founding Pioneers
Johnny's Payday Panic
River City series
!Korg DSN-12
Rytmik Ultimate
!Starship Damrey
Excave series
Dementium Remastered
Adventure Labyrinth Story
Quest of Dungeons
Unlucky Mage
Ascent of Kings
!Elliot Quest
Steamworld Dig
Bike Rider DX
Cave Story
Xeodrifter
Delusions of Von Sottendorff
!Zenonia
Squids Odyssey
A-Train 3D
Infinite Dunamis
Spirit Hunters
Ancient Tribe
AfterZoom
Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D
Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven
!Adventure Bar Story
Plantera
Mononoke Forest
!Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
1 month ago#9
lali_puna posted...
City Builder 3D Rise of the Rails

It's actually Lionel City Builder 3D Rise of the Rails, so the TC doesn't get confused.

User Info: GameKing59

GameKing59
1 month ago#10
Azure Striker Gunvolt.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Eshop recommendation help

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived