I HATE mini games in games

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I HATE mini games in games

User Info: Dvader757

Dvader757
1 month ago#1
Playing SSS and that barrel mini game, I just wanna play the core game, I don't wanna mine cart jump or any of other stupid distractions.
PSN: shadylunchboxx
Switch FC: 5996-9545-6771

User Info: ecylis

ecylis
1 month ago#2
That barrel game destroyed my life in the original
http://i.imgur.com/UgOcJQG.jpg

Dvader757
1 month ago#3
I just wanna say, I'm actually good at these mini games! they don't frustrate me mechanically I just don't see the point in them I'd rather just do a miniboss for example in SSS

User Info: Kislevic

Kislevic
1 month ago#4
What hr hell is SSS
"They'll outlive your cowardice trolling and main account" ~ Universquall

Dvader757
1 month ago#5
Super Star Saga, a newly released game for the Nintendo 3DS

User Info: themegaman7

themegaman7
1 month ago#6
Yeah, the chocobo minigame in Final Fantasy 9 (that you need to do in order to get a lot of the best gear AND the ultimate super boss) is one of the reason why that game is such a royal pain to replay.
"Cower before the might of the magic Imhullu: once forbidden, now unleashed!"
-Gharnef (Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon)

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
1 month ago#7
themegaman7 posted...
Yeah, the chocobo minigame in Final Fantasy 9 (that you need to do in order to get a lot of the best gear AND the ultimate super boss) is one of the reason why that game is such a royal pain to replay.

Just don't be OCD about playing a trivial videogame to 100%, problem solved.
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

User Info: ernieforss

ernieforss
1 month ago#8
don't play neir.... which is a great hybrid game.
I'm always 50% right all the time

User Info: SSJ2__Gohan

SSJ2__Gohan
1 month ago#9
I personally don't mind mini games on games, but unless the mini games are the purpose of the game (Mario Party for instance), either make the mini games completely optional (like how you can either buy coins or do the mini-game such as the slots or whatever in the Pokemon games), or make it really easy to get the reward(s). Nothing annoys me more than having to pass up on things in a game because the mini-game is something I'm bad at and would never get a game based around said mini-game.

User Info: 1212-1

1212-1
1 month ago#10
ernieforss posted...
don't play neir.... which is a great hybrid game.

LOL. I got 100% in Nier, still have to do the same with automata though. It's one of my favourite games, for sure.
Top 5 games of 2014: 1. Shantae and the Pirate's Curse 2. Shovel Knight 3. Bravely Default 4. Azure Striker Gunvolt 5. Demon Gaze
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I HATE mini games in games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived