New Nintendo 2ds XL Acessories & protection?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. New Nintendo 2ds XL Acessories & protection?

User Info: Sinestro_Corps

Sinestro_Corps
4 weeks ago#1
Looking for a good case for my new nintendo 2ds xl, if anyone can recommend one. Also was thinking about a screen protector. Is temperglass a good idea? I dont want to negatively affect the touch functionality, would that be an issue?
Founder of T.B.B. Negronicus LIVES http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJF3Zrdv4tk
Ac nl FC is 3007 8257 6233

User Info: ChojinX

ChojinX
3 weeks ago#2
I picked up a silicone case for mine, I'd suggest checking out Amazon, they have a pretty decent amount of accessories.
Proud member of the PS4 Alliance

User Info: Cozy

Cozy
3 weeks ago#3
Temper glass for top screen is fine, I wouldn't do it for the touch screen. Your concerns on touch functionality being affected are well founded.
"Poop"
(message deleted)

User Info: Sinestro_Corps

Sinestro_Corps
3 weeks ago#5
Cozy posted...
Temper glass for top screen is fine, I wouldn't do it for the touch screen. Your concerns on touch functionality being affected are well founded.

What would be a good way of protecting while still maintaining touch screen functionality? Just got temper glass screens in today and if theres an alternative id like to know about it
Founder of T.B.B. Negronicus LIVES http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJF3Zrdv4tk
Ac nl FC is 3007 8257 6233

User Info: Cozy

Cozy
3 weeks ago#6
Sinestro_Corps posted...
Cozy posted...

What would be a good way of protecting while still maintaining touch screen functionality? Just got temper glass screens in today and if theres an alternative id like to know about it

Tempered glass protectors are expensive. But if you already bought them, you may as well use them.

Temper glass can be okay since it lets you use your fingers without damaging the screen with your nail and protects the screens from cracking in case you drop it while using it, but on the other hand, I found I needed more force with the touch screen to register an input just because it's a thicker layer. Also considering the 2DS XL closes, it's not like a phone that may land screen first in the ground.

When I upgraded 3DS to XL, I eventually switched to the film protective material from Hori.
"Poop"
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. New Nintendo 2ds XL Acessories & protection?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived