switching to New Samus 3DSXL

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. switching to New Samus 3DSXL

User Info: 1212-1

1212-1
1 month ago#1
So I got a bigger micro sd card and have been following steps to basically copy everything to the new SD card, which then goes back into my old new 3DSXL. Now if I choose the third option which mentions pc for transferring, it only transfers network ID/game licenses right?

But afterwards, if I take the micro SD card out of my old new 3DS XL then stick it in my Samus 3DSXL it will have my games, save data, music, photos, streetpasses etc?

Otherwise I guess the long way is to put the bigger SD card into the Samus 3DSXL right away and then choose the first option to transfer everything at once, although if it can be done with option 3/SD card then that's better right? Just figured I should ask someone who has done this before.
Top 5 games of 2014: 1. Shantae and the Pirate's Curse 2. Shovel Knight 3. Bravely Default 4. Azure Striker Gunvolt 5. Demon Gaze

User Info: Inhuman-Art

Inhuman-Art
1 month ago#2
It's all a one way. You can't have both games on both systems.

Basically transfer the data wirelessly, pop your SD out after you've designated the target system and done the transfer and put it in the new system.

Done. I think there is a 7day wait between transfers.
Conceptual Artist and Avid Gamer

User Info: iMURDAu

iMURDAu
1 month ago#3
OMG don't do wireless transfer unless you absolutely have to. There's no benefit to doing it. It exists only so you can do a system transfer if you don't have a computer that reads SD cards.

PC transfer: Swap data from old SD card to new SD card, put new SD card in system, you're done.

Wireless: Your SD card data is transferred wirelessly and you get to wait for that to happen. Could take hours.

But you can't split the contents of you SD card between systems no matter what you do.

Look up 3DS pc transfer on youtube and watch a video.
My fake plants died because I didn't pretend to water them.
- Mitch Hedburg

User Info: 1212-1

1212-1
1 month ago#4
iMURDAu posted...
OMG don't do wireless transfer unless you absolutely have to. There's no benefit to doing it. It exists only so you can do a system transfer if you don't have a computer that reads SD cards.

PC transfer: Swap data from old SD card to new SD card, put new SD card in system, you're done.

Wireless: Your SD card data is transferred wirelessly and you get to wait for that to happen. Could take hours.

But you can't split the contents of you SD card between systems no matter what you do.

Look up 3DS pc transfer on youtube and watch a video.

Haha thanks guys. I was just paranoid that the third option wouldn't transfer everything but I had a guide for it so I just followed that ad have everything on my new New 3DS now. Lol
Top 5 games of 2014: 1. Shantae and the Pirate's Curse 2. Shovel Knight 3. Bravely Default 4. Azure Striker Gunvolt 5. Demon Gaze
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. switching to New Samus 3DSXL

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived