Order of Ecclesia or Contra 4?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Order of Ecclesia or Contra 4?

User Info: Maetch

Maetch
4 weeks ago#31
Ecclesia was Igarashi going through the motions after being forced to churn out one Metroidvania after another on Konami's demand.

MegaMan200X posted...
the game is a throwback to castlevania 2

Except it was ruined by that lame stage select instead of having the entire overworld interconnected like in CV2, plus Castlevania itself was woefully linear and underdeveloped.

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
4 weeks ago#32
Maetch posted...
Ecclesia was Igarashi going through the motions after being forced to churn out one Metroidvania after another on Konami's demand.

MegaMan200X posted...

the game is a throwback to castlevania 2

Except it was ruined by that lame stage select instead of having the entire overworld interconnected like in CV2, plus Castlevania itself was woefully linear and underdeveloped.

Yeah, Symphony and Aria were great, then Iga just dropped the ball entirely on the DS games. These were still... Playable, I guess, much like how the Star Wars prequels are watchable despite being not exactly very cohesive or fulfilling.
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

User Info: Sinestro_Corps

Sinestro_Corps
4 weeks ago#33
I ended up purchasing Contra 4, but thats only because it was closer to my house. I def plan of getting Ooe as soon as i get a chance
Founder of T.B.B. Negronicus LIVES http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJF3Zrdv4tk
Ac nl FC is 3007 8257 6233

User Info: Ralizah

Ralizah
4 weeks ago#34
Contra 4 is a masterpiece. Also gives you access to the first two Contra games and has a ton of optional challenges to conquer.
Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U), Stardew Valley (Switch), and Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 (DS)

User Info: badboy

badboy
4 weeks ago#35
OoE is perfect

User Info: ecco6t9

ecco6t9
4 weeks ago#36
Contra 4.
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.

User Info: Darrentg

Darrentg
4 weeks ago#37
Contra 4. But also play OoE after it, they're both really damn good.
Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/darrentg

User Info: GeekyDad

GeekyDad
4 weeks ago#38
MegaMan200X posted...
havent played contra 4 but OoE was amazing. best castlevania since sotn. complaints about the level design are unfair. the game is a throwback to castlevania 2. the game gives a lot of variety to the levels and yes i think the fact some of the stages are simple ones is a nice addition. the game gives you a FULL CASTLEVANIA CASTLE as the last stage. if the giant last stage wasnt there then i would be more receptive to complaints about level design. i would still disagree because again not every level needs to be giant sized especially since its a portable game. amazing music, characters, artwork, game play, and difficulty. loved it. it was a great advancement to the sotn formula.

Kind of a major spoiler (since it's not really hinted at early on), but yeah...
The new GFAQs interface blows a$$!
My 3DS FC: 1418-6769-0538

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
4 weeks ago#39
GeekyDad posted...

It's a Castlevania game. The only games with non-cringy spoilers were SOTN, HoD and Aria.
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
4 weeks ago#40
Salocool posted...
GeekyDad posted...

It's a Castlevania game. The only games with non-cringy spoilers were SOTN, HoD and Aria.

The layout of the plot is usually less "cringy" and more "unoriginal and uninteresting." It's the delivery that makes it so bad, and Symphony of the Night is probably the worst offender, really. That is, unless you count Lords of Shadow as a real Castlevania game, which I don't.

As for the "full castle" in OoE, let's not get carried away. It's like the size of the upper-right quadrant of SotN's map, which itself wasn't even that large because (unimportant spoiler alert) SotN has you go through it twice.

But enough talk. Have at you!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Order of Ecclesia or Contra 4?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived