Battery Dying Causes A Corrupted Save File?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Battery Dying Causes A Corrupted Save File?

User Info: gatsbyy

gatsbyy
1 month ago#1
I was playing SMT4:Apocalypse the battery light turned red so I saved the game. The save went fine. I came back from the Fairy forest to the underground area. The light was flashing I explored.and checked my team data. I was not near the charging cord so I let the system die. I have done this lots of times.

I later charged my system. I turned on the system then clicked on SMT4:A and got the corrupted save file error. Meaning the save file was gone.

I have a physical copy of the game. Is this a bad copy or can letting the system die cause a corruption error? I would understand if I was saving when system died but I was not.

I lost four hours playtime.

Thanks

User Info: JustWatch

JustWatch
1 month ago#2
Do you alternate save slots or just keep overwriting the same one?
Spankworthy Jester

User Info: shinyspheal

shinyspheal
1 month ago#3
Does the game have auto-saves? maybe that was the cause, but those cases are extremely rare nowadays, that aside, letting the system die can be harmful to the battery.
MHPortable 3rd AGGL true Legend. I am one of the real main reasons Bushido & Brave Gunlancing exists today on MHX/X. Please show appropriate respect. Thx.

User Info: cyberpik

cyberpik
1 month ago#4
I'm more astonished you got four hours of playtime on a red light.

User Info: gatsbyy

gatsbyy
1 month ago#5
No I had four hours playing time total. A red light to the end for me gives me maybe 12 to at most 15 minutes more of playing time.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Battery Dying Causes A Corrupted Save File?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived