Any games like Wizardry besides Etrian Odyssey?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Any games like Wizardry besides Etrian Odyssey?

User Info: Max58201

Max58201
1 month ago#1
My favorite genre so looking for others besides the EO franchise and the various spinoffs like Persona Q etc
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples

User Info: exaltedfalchion

exaltedfalchion
1 month ago#2
7th dragon code i recall being similar? create a team, dungeon crawling.

there's elminage original, but i personally couldn't get into it. your experience may vary.

iirc, most similar types of game are on the vita for some reason. vita or psp, latter of which can be emulated.

User Info: Camden

Camden
1 month ago#3
Not sure if you include it in your 'spinoffs like Persona Q' section, but Shin Megami Tensei: Soul Hackers.

On the eshop you have The Keep and the Picdun games which are similar, though they're more about the puzzles rather than the combat, especially the Picdun games. Also, while I haven't got around to playing them yet there's Unchained Blades and Elminage Original. And while it's not the same kind of game, if you like Wizardry you might want to check out Crimson Shroud.

Depending on how loose your definition is, Conception 2?
When someone is giving you his opinion, you should receive it with deep gratitude even though it is worthless.
Huh? Finger!? What the hell?

User Info: GeekyDad

GeekyDad
1 month ago#4
Unchained Blades, Elminage, and the upcoming SMT Strange Journey.
The new GFAQs interface blows a$$!
My 3DS FC: 1418-6769-0538

User Info: AsunaSAOYuuki

AsunaSAOYuuki
1 month ago#5
Crimson Shroud is amazing. It's a game where you literally roll dive. The best DnD video game I've played since the arcade games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZUi9xKY8X8
^^^Still one of my favorite P4 tracks!

User Info: serenade_beta

serenade_beta
1 month ago#6
Elminage

To be honest, that is more loyal to Wizardy than Etrian Odyssey.
Blog... --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/
Currently: Monster Hunter XX (3DS), The Alliance Alive (3DS), Radiant Historia (3DS)

User Info: PolkaGnome

PolkaGnome
1 month ago#7
Elminage is pretty much Wizardry by another name, so if you're into the more old-school Wizardry way of doing things definitely check it out. It can be kinda hit-or-miss if you're not acquainted with older dungeon crawlers already, though I'm enjoying it so far myself (only ~10 hours in though).
"Never underestimate this place's ability to talk about stupid crap and it's willingness to do so." -Tildepon
MHGen: Wren - HR7 Bow main; learning HH

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
1 month ago#8
Elminage is the only game you should be looking into if you played Wizardry, but I'm assuming you haven't played Wizardry if you think Etrian series is like Wizardry. Same genre but it's not similar much to actual Wizardry

User Info: Max58201

Max58201
1 month ago#9
Thanks! Elminage looks exactly what I'm looking for. Crimson shroud is a maybe lol
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
1 month ago#10
Max58201 posted...
Thanks! Elminage looks exactly what I'm looking for. Crimson shroud is a maybe lol

Crimson Shroud plays absolutely nothing like Wizardry, and it isn't even the same genre. Not sure why it was recommended.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Any games like Wizardry besides Etrian Odyssey?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived