The 1 thing I hate about most RPGs

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. The 1 thing I hate about most RPGs

User Info: DiduXD

DiduXD
1 month ago#1
You are forced into being the good guy. Really, I want a game that either focuses on you playing as the main villain or an RPG that has good/evil paths that you can choose which 1 you want when the story starts. Make the RPG so you can pick your own goals and motives for helping people(or causing chaos). Personally, I think Nintendo(as well as other gaming companies)needs to step away from the player being the good guy stereotype.
Forget what you've already won and focus on the current match. Main FC: 4313-5212-1176 IGN Matthew
If we all hold on together, our dreams will never die.

User Info: star_ark

star_ark
1 month ago#2
try non jrpg rpgs

User Info: OdaNobuna

OdaNobuna
1 month ago#3
Do Valkyrie Profile - Covenant of the Plume counts? Because you can kill all your allies just for the sake of revenge.

I think some Shin Megami Tensei main character isn't necessary good too.
Playing: Sonic Mania; Super Bomberman R; The Legend of Zelda: BotW; Kancolle; WoW: Legion.

User Info: GeekyDad

GeekyDad
1 month ago#4
Yeah, Covenant of the Plume can go down some seriously dark avenues if you opt for certain choices throughout the game. One of the best stories in all of gaming.

And yeah, SMTIV (and pretty much any mainline SMT game, really) affords you to be a chaotic douche if you so choose. As a matter of fact, you'll have to make that choice through at least one of your playthroughs if you want to experience everything the game has to offer, and it's very much worth it.
The new GFAQs interface blows a$$!
My 3DS FC: 1418-6769-0538

User Info: xenosaga123

xenosaga123
1 month ago#5
Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse anarchy path, though it's not stereotypically evil, and not an evil path based on perspective, but not 100% good either.

User Info: irulethegalaxy

irulethegalaxy
1 month ago#6
okayyyy, buuuut...you play the hero in most games, regardless of genre? So does it bug you when you're the hero in other games? Because if it's just RPGs, you probably just don't like RPGs.
Friend Code: 5155-2976-5976

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
1 month ago#7
Dunno, take modern Republicans on dismantling healthcare for a sizeable chunk of the population : they're obviously the bad guys, yet they themselves believe to be good guys (MAGIC OF THE FREE MARKET! WORD OF GOD!).

Unless you wanna play psychopaths, everyone keenly believe they are doing the "right" thing, so you'd never be in control of a truly evil guy (unless you like your rpg to be sepia-toned, with pure evil and s***.)
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

User Info: Seacliff217

Seacliff217
1 month ago#8
irulethegalaxy posted...
okayyyy, buuuut...you play the hero in most games, regardless of genre? So does it bug you when you're the hero in other games? Because if it's just RPGs, you probably just don't like RPGs.

Exactly, lol.
Even few WRPGs give you enough freedom to be anything more than a dick hero.

User Info: gatsbyy

gatsbyy
1 month ago#9
Not true rpgs but the Tecmo Deception series you are evil. That series would be perfect on the 3ds.

User Info: MoreRpgs

MoreRpgs
1 month ago#10
I could tell you one jrpg were you're the main villain but it would be a major spoiler.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. The 1 thing I hate about most RPGs

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived