Gonna get a 3ds soon, which Monster Hunter game is the best to get?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Gonna get a 3ds soon, which Monster Hunter game is the best to get?

User Info: TallTamryu

TallTamryu
1 month ago#11
4U by far. Amazing game and it has a pretty alright story this time around. Still has a semi-active online community too.

Generations maybe after that if you want. Doesn't have the G rank online stuff and it's more of a fanservice to people who played the older ones. I recall there's even some new monsters from 4 in it. They also tried some stuff with letting you play the cats and the whole style system. Not the biggest fan of that...
Mcnugget2256 posted...
Plus the enhanced version should be coming out next year...hopefully.

Not holding my breath :(
"Guys don't treat girls right, that's why the lesbian rate's going up"

User Info: PsychoWolfX

PsychoWolfX
1 month ago#12
They are both great. I haven't played 4U in quite a while, so I'm not sure how active the online is. Generations is still pretty active.

I'd say go with 4U since it has more content. Generations has Hunter Artes and the option to play as a Palico...which are both nice, but 4U has better monsters, G Rank and a story...well asclose to a story as MH has ever gotten.
Love conquers everything ... except knives, swords, axes, guns, spears, fists, rocks, strong gusts of wind, and/or dangerous wild animals.

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
1 month ago#13
Gens has me play as a kitteh so it has 4U beat on that one, but then 4U has really cool videos for every new creature you face which Gens doesn't even have (lame). Why don't you just get both?

User Info: Max58201

Max58201
1 month ago#14
my only advice is don't go on a MH board pre launch just a couple dozen elitist trolls who spend the entire time telling everyone they are better then everyone else and any player without 37239812739812 hours into MH is cancer to the game
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples

User Info: lali_puna

lali_puna
1 month ago#15
I just started 3DS hunting with MH Gen a month ago and for my 200 hrs in, I'm still very satisfied! =))

The arts are just more neat stuff to expirement with and the online is very active here in europe.
But I miss my G-Rank, so I definetly get 4U when I'm done with Gen. Hope the online is just as active as Gen, but idk.

PsychoWolfX
1 month ago#16
I was playing Gen earlier today and saw quite a few people playing, this was on a HR2 character too, I assume most players are doing end game stuff.
Not sure about 4U. I might jump on that and check right now.

Yup, MH4U still looks active. There are plenty of rooms open right now anyway. ...maybe I'll start a new character.
Love conquers everything ... except knives, swords, axes, guns, spears, fists, rocks, strong gusts of wind, and/or dangerous wild animals.

User Info: lali_puna

lali_puna
1 month ago#17
PsychoWolfX posted...
I was playing Gen earlier today and saw quite a few people playing, this was on a HR2 character too, I assume most players are doing end game stuff.

In Gen, I find around 12 online HR guild halls all the time in Europe.
Pretty cusious how it is with 4U!?

PsychoWolfX
1 month ago#18
lali_puna posted...
PsychoWolfX posted...

In Gen, I find around 12 online HR guild halls all the time in Europe.
Pretty cusious how it is with 4U!?

I filtered search for HR and came up with 6 rooms.
16 G Rank rooms
3 Noob rooms

User Info: theSFfan_1

theSFfan_1
1 month ago#19
Aight, 4U it is! Might get Gen afterwards tho, but will definitely spend time on 4U first.
PSN:shadowslime
"I am Lapis Lazuli, and you can't keep me trapped here anymore!"

User Info: gatsbyy

gatsbyy
1 month ago#20
Generations. The cat mode does it.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Gonna get a 3ds soon, which Monster Hunter game is the best to get?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived