Apparantly no one even bothered to buy Metroid??

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Apparantly no one even bothered to buy Metroid??

User Info: supremeblaster

supremeblaster
1 month ago#1
http://nintendoeverything.com/september-2017-npd-top-20-best-selling-games-in-the-u-s/

12th place. Our new 2D Metroid is 12th place at launch.

Like this basically burned any way this series could've continued in 2D. Great job folks. Glad this came on 3DS so people could not buy it.
I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. ~Zero

User Info: Bahamut_10th

Bahamut_10th
1 month ago#2
Metroid in general isn't one of Nintendo's best sellers. And its sales declined with each new game since Prime 2.
It has a very strong cult following but that's it. The 3D games and Super are pretty much the only ones that are truly mainstream.
"Deadpool is just as formulaic the Avengers films it so relentlessly strives not to be."

User Info: Onipaladin

Onipaladin
1 month ago#3
This is why game companies should never listen to the loud internet. The minority is the loudest. All these people screaming for new Metroid games didn’t even buy it. It’s a remake sure but it’s so different it might as well be new.

Meanwhile games with millions of micro transactions are making tons of money because the quiet majority doesn’t spend their time complaining they are spending money buying and playing.

I bought the Metroid. It’s f***ing great. And now I’m definitely glad because I don’t know if I will ever play another one for a long time aside from Metroid Prime 4 which isn’t a 2D game.
Friend Codes ; 1891 1168 2591 - Manny
0576 441 7875 - Vinnie

User Info: PsychoWolfX

PsychoWolfX
1 month ago#4
Well this is some terribly depressing news =(
Love conquers everything ... except knives, swords, axes, guns, spears, fists, rocks, strong gusts of wind, and/or dangerous wild animals.

User Info: Bahamut_10th

Bahamut_10th
1 month ago#5
Newsflash not every series need to start at top 5 to be considered successful.
"Deadpool is just as formulaic the Avengers films it so relentlessly strives not to be."

User Info: RoyalDroneX

RoyalDroneX
1 month ago#6
Bahamut_10th posted...
Metroid in general isn't one of Nintendo's best sellers. And its sales declined with each new game since Prime 2.
It has a very strong cult following but that's it. The 3D games and Super are pretty much the only ones that are truly mainstream.

not only that but the series is on its Zenith. Practically every threat is eliminated, unless Nintendo wants to pull a Halo 5 and jump the shark with Metroid

Just give it a finale like Star Fox Command
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9017-6003 DC:5400-2358-7574 NID:TheChoujinVirus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mQScjlXbBE #torentialdownpour in a nutshell

User Info: supremeblaster

supremeblaster
1 month ago#7
Bahamut_10th posted...
Newsflash not every series need to start at top 5 to be considered successful.

We're talking about a kind of game people have been clamoring for for years on years, and it ended up lower than a Switch port's 20th week.
How much is that, like <50k?
I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. ~Zero

User Info: PsychoWolfX

PsychoWolfX
1 month ago#8
Star Fox and Metroid are two of my favorite game series of all time and it absolutely sucks seeing them fall into obscurity. I wish Nintendo would pull a Halo 5 and add expand the universes. Hell, I'd be all over a Star Fox Metroid crossover.
Love conquers everything ... except knives, swords, axes, guns, spears, fists, rocks, strong gusts of wind, and/or dangerous wild animals.

User Info: MonarchPoopos

MonarchPoopos
1 month ago#9
@supremeblaster posted...
http://nintendoeverything.com/september-2017-npd-top-20-best-selling-games-in-the-u-s/

12th place. Our new 2D Metroid is 12th place at launch.

Like this basically burned any way this series could've continued in 2D. Great job folks. Glad this came on 3DS so people could not buy it.

hay, instead of blaming others, why dont you go out and by multiple copies to boost those sails, stop being an entitled liberal and blaming everyone else instead of taking some responsibility and doing something about you're problems

User Info: Salogy

Salogy
1 month ago#10
From the list in your article, the games listed are of all the games for the month of September. Number 5 is Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, number 9 is BOTW, 11 is MK8Deluxe, while number 12 is Metroid. Metroid is the highest ranked 3ds game on that chart and actually, it's the only 3ds game on the chart.

Five of the twenty games are sport games while the top game is Destiny 2. You should argue that Switch games sold better in the month of September rather than saying people didn't buy the newest Metroid game.
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Apparantly no one even bothered to buy Metroid??

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived