Apparantly no one even bothered to buy Metroid??

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Apparantly no one even bothered to buy Metroid??
(message deleted)

User Info: BrutalPandax

BrutalPandax
1 month ago#22
Being 12th place on a 6 year old handheld is great. It doesn't say any numbers so it may be high. Also the release of the game boosted the 2-pack amiibo sales and Samus New 3DS XL special edition, then probably let them sell some more Super Smash Bros Samus'. This is never going to be a mainstream franchise on the level of Zelda. Nintendo knows that and played it smart with the merch. Unless Metroid Prime 4 blows the door on multiplayer shooting or co-op exploration, it will stay a mid-level IP.

User Info: Bahamut_10th

Bahamut_10th
1 month ago#23
OliviaTremor posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...
"We want a Metroid game!"

*Metroid game comes out*

"Nah, I'm good."

Even when given the chance, Metroid fans refuse to put their money where their mouth is.

Or... or...

"Metroid game comest out, lacks basic things such as enemy variety, backtracking, unique environments"

"Nah, I'm good."

For a remake of the Metroid game with the worst enemy variety, least amount of backtracking and most samey looking environments it did a good job.
"Deadpool is just as formulaic the Avengers films it so relentlessly strives not to be."

User Info: OliviaTremor

OliviaTremor
1 month ago#24
I enjoyed the game, I'm just pointing out some concerns people would have that would prevent them from buying the game. Buying a game simply because it's in a series you like is dumb.
Notyou

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
1 month ago#25
BrutalPandax posted...
Unless Metroid Prime 4 blows the door on multiplayer shooting, it will stay a mid-level IP.

Honestly, I think Metroid simply need an "Avenger-like" trailer to grasp some attention.

Noticed the Blade Runner sequel that came out a few weeks ago? The director Denis Villeneuve and other member of the film industry have been agreeing that not spoiling enough of the story in the trailers might have been the main reason why the box office has been so low.

Personally, I'd rather Metroid have little to no story, but for the sake is selling well... I'd hire some genius editor for the trailers!
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

User Info: Darkstorm16

Darkstorm16
1 month ago#26
I want to get the game...but Mario...
Nintendo Network/PSN: Desertking24/Steam:Desertking23
Mario Maker: 4481-0000-0110-25DA

User Info: Luigimasterply2

Luigimasterply2
1 month ago#27
Well, Nintendo didn't really pick good timing to release it. With masterpieces like Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle and Super Mario Odyssey surrounding it, it really leaves no money for the poor 3DS game.

(Also, I don't think the Metroid fanbase is that big anyhow.)

I don't even like Metroid, so that's why I paid it no attention to it. I'm a Mario/Kirby guy.
"Fire at will, boys!"
"Which one's Will?" Miiverse is closing Nov 7. Not changing this part of the sig until we get a Super Mario Galaxy 3.

User Info: Uglyface2

Uglyface2
1 month ago#28
I'd like to buy it, but I don't have the money or the time for it right now.

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
1 month ago#29
Luigimasterply2 posted...
With masterpieces like Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

That's huh... A very audacious statement.

The Godfather, Megaman 2, The Long Goodbye are masterpieces ; Mario + Rabbids is... Playable, I guess? Cringy Minion-like bunnies teaming up with Mario in a watered-down X-Com with plenty of exploits and very little in the way of balancing.

Not especially catchy in the visuals or music department either, it simply does the job.
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
1 month ago#30
OliviaTremor posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...

*Metroid game comes out*

"Nah, I'm good."

Even when given the chance, Metroid fans refuse to put their money where their mouth is.

Or... or...

"Metroid game comest out, lacks basic things such as enemy variety, backtracking, unique environments"

"Nah, I'm good."

It's clear you never played the original.
Uh... A-Are you sure to interact with others?
-Mario, Ganondorf, Sonic, Bowser Jr. / Wendy, Duck Hunt, Marth, Mewtwo Mainer.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Apparantly no one even bothered to buy Metroid??

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived