Apparantly no one even bothered to buy Metroid??

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Apparantly no one even bothered to buy Metroid??

User Info: Luigimasterply2

Luigimasterply2
1 month ago#31
Salocool posted...
Luigimasterply2 posted...
With masterpieces like Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

That's huh... A very audacious statement.

The Godfather, Megaman 2, The Long Goodbye are masterpieces ; Mario + Rabbids is... Playable, I guess?

I'm talking about current Nintendo masterpieces (as in recently released on the Switch/3DS)
"Fire at will, boys!"
"Which one's Will?" Miiverse is closing Nov 7. Not changing this part of the sig until we get a Super Mario Galaxy 3.

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
1 month ago#32
I'm talking about current Nintendo masterpieces (as in recently released on the Switch/3DS)

Dunno what's your take on masterpieces, but critics usually agree on a 5-15 years buffer period before being able to properly qualify something with that title.
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

User Info: Luigimasterply2

Luigimasterply2
1 month ago#33
Salocool posted...

Dunno what's your take on masterpieces, but critics usually agree on a 5-15 years buffer period before being able to properly qualify something with that title.

Ok fine, "really good games".
Peach is the true savage in Super Mario Odyssey. Miiverse is closing November 7th. Not changing this part of the sig until we get a Super Mario Galaxy 3.

User Info: outworld222

outworld222
1 month ago#34
Salocool posted...
I would have bought that Metroid 2 fan remake tho if Nintendo had decided to buy it off and polish it for a good 2-3 months.

As you may guess, 'm an absolute sucker for that Super Metroid/ Metroid Fusion / Metroid Zero Mission 2D colorful sprite aesthetic.

I’ll second this. Metroid Samus Returns just did not capture my imagination like the previous iterations.

User Info: TallTamryu

TallTamryu
1 month ago#35
Looking at the actual list for the games above it - not even surprised. 4 of them are sports games out on pretty much every system.
"Guys don't treat girls right, that's why the lesbian rate's going up"

User Info: MetaFalconPunch

MetaFalconPunch
1 month ago#36
Anyone spinning this as a negative lacks perspective of the big picture.

And I demand a several paragraph explanation of what makes Mega Man 2 a “masterpiece”
Born too late to explore Earth, born too early to explore space. Born just in time to explore the wondrous and terrifying depths of the internet.

User Info: Lupin the 4th

Lupin the 4th
1 month ago#37
OliviaTremor posted...
I enjoyed the game, I'm just pointing out some concerns people would have that would prevent them from buying the game. Buying a game simply because it's in a series you like is dumb.

Not when Nintendo explicitly states that the future of 2d Metroid depends on the sales of said game. Not supporting said game means the death of 2d Metroid is on those so-called fans' hands.
The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again! Ha Ha Ha!)
3DS FC: 2793 0791 3739 PSN: Arsene_Lupin_IV

User Info: ColdOne666

ColdOne666
1 month ago#38
Metroid is one of the most overrated and overhyped games series in history. Apart from a tiny minority of of people online nobody cares about it. And as expected it sold like garbage.
FFX is the best game of all time. The only good Nintendo franchises are Pokemon and Fire Emblem. Comics are for kids. https://i.imgur.com/LJ3WSyB.gif

User Info: TallTamryu

TallTamryu
1 month ago#39
ColdOne666 posted...
Metroid is one of the most overrated and overhyped games series in history. Apart from a tiny minority of of people online nobody cares about it. And as expected it sold like garbage.

lol ok
"Guys don't treat girls right, that's why the lesbian rate's going up"

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
1 month ago#40
ColdOne666 posted...
FFX is the best game of all time

Is it opposite day?
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Apparantly no one even bothered to buy Metroid??

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived