Fire Emblem Awakening save-data question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Fire Emblem Awakening save-data question

User Info: Maetch

Maetch
1 month ago#1
I originally bought it digital. If I buy a physical copy and keep a save-data backup, will I be able to use the data with the physical copy (save games, DLC, etc.)?

User Info: RhetoricalDream

RhetoricalDream
1 month ago#2
Your DLC will work with the physical copy just fine, since that's always saved to the system regardless, but your saves will not work through any official method, because the physical copy will make saves to the cartridge itself rather than the system, like the digital version would.

User Info: desaigamon

desaigamon
1 month ago#3
No. You can transfer saves from the physical copy to the digital one, but not the other way around. It's really stupid, but that's just how it is.
NNID: HonestCarl 3DS FC: 4012 3979 5838
Now Playing: Pokemon Moon (3DS), Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U), Skyrim (Xbox One)

User Info: Maetch

Maetch
1 month ago#4
Hmmm... well, so long as the DLC doesn't need a second buying, I won't mind starting over. This is mostly to clear up blocks on my system.

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
4 weeks ago#5
Yeah, you keep the DLC you bought but not your save data.
Uh... A-Are you sure to interact with others?
-Mario, Ganondorf, Sonic, Bowser Jr. / Wendy, Duck Hunt, Marth, Mewtwo Mainer.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Fire Emblem Awakening save-data question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived