Well, I f***ed up. (Miiverse Shutdown related)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Well, I f***ed up. (Miiverse Shutdown related)

User Info: ArcFan10000

ArcFan10000
1 month ago#21
Nintendo has always been against cheat devices.
They were against the Game Genie in the 80s and 90s.
The GameShark in the 2000s.
I don't hate them if they are used offline, not in an online game.
That's what killed the Sega Dreamcast online people cheating thier pants off in PSO.
Favs: Persona, Final Fantasy,Tales series PSN: Brian_2030, Xbox Live: SEGAnerd776
Waiting For: Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy 7 Remake

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
4 weeks ago#22
Meteordragon10 posted...
Solibrae posted...
BerryBob posted...
The blue dot isn't a proof that you used Miiverse?

Yeah! Think of it as a medal that proves you used Miiverse. That's what I'm going to do.
Technically My Nintendo kind of does that, so I suppose you could see it that way.

Huh.
Uh... A-Are you sure to interact with others?
-Mario, Ganondorf, Sonic, Bowser Jr. / Wendy, Duck Hunt, Marth, Mewtwo Mainer.

User Info: VeryDarkSoul

VeryDarkSoul
4 weeks ago#23
anyone remember one of the last firmware updates for wii made it so there's always 1 single message in the mailbox? That drove me up a wall, until I finally accepted it.
Rand Paul 2016

User Info: NGageBro

NGageBro
4 weeks ago#24
bungiefan posted...
jimi_dini posted...
bungiefan posted...
There are ways

How about no?

Nintendo should also simply fix this mess. They wanted to save money and don't give a s*** about customers anymore.

Their developers wanted a method to prevent cheating, and console-specific save encryption is an effective way to do it. They can't disable it now because the encryption is built into the hardware path of SD card access, via a security chip that enforces the encryption. They can't just remove that hardware function. The encryption also prevents sharing of downloaded software between consoles.

So you have to use homebrew to remove the encryption or accept it and deal with not being able to have useful backups if your hardware is lost or broken.

This isn’t wrong but it doesn’t really disprove the point about Nintendo being anti-consumer
Mario RPGs: TTYD > BM > SSS > SMRPG > BIS = PM64 > SPM > PJ = PiT > CS > SS > DT
Pokemon: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 7 > 6 > 5

User Info: desaigamon

desaigamon
4 weeks ago#25
VeryDarkSoul posted...
anyone remember one of the last firmware updates for wii made it so there's always 1 single message in the mailbox? That drove me up a wall, until I finally accepted it.

It's been awhile since I used my Wii, but wasn't the Play Log done in the form of a message? So if you play a game, the log would update and you'd end up with a new "message." As annoying as it was, it was completely intentional.
NNID: HonestCarl 3DS FC: 4012 3979 5838
Now Playing: Mario and Luigi: Dream Team (3DS), Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U), Skyrim (Xbox One)

User Info: bungiefan

bungiefan
4 weeks ago#26
VeryDarkSoul posted...
@desaigamon oh I see nintendo went the sony route with saves on handhelds where you have to pair a memory card to a system *shaking my head* that was the worst thing about the vita, that and the save file being part of an installed game (wtf seriously)

The memory card itself isn't paired to the system. The contents of the Nintendo 3DS folder are encrypted though, and unreadable by any other 3DS unless you do a system transfer to migrate them to a new system, which is an all-or-nothing process. Each 3DS has its own unique encryption key, which transferring migrates, and reformatting changes.

Saves also go in the installed data for a digital game, and you only have 20 slots to back up and export saves for if you uninstall them, if the game lets you do so. Not every game does.

Modders have found ways to go around those limits and get saves in unencrypted format, and you can export absolutely any save, from cartridge or digital copy.
http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.html
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/wrines88

User Info: Gunzleader

Gunzleader
4 weeks ago#27
Meteordragon10 posted...
Man, I bet sooo many OCD people are gonna be bothered by this.

Well then they can cry a river.
you are not "official" anything of any board grow up. RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012

User Info: Finn-X

Finn-X
4 weeks ago#28
They should bring back Miiverse man. I rarely use it but it's fun to post my drawings once in a while.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Well, I f***ed up. (Miiverse Shutdown related)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived