When Nintendo eshop ends

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. When Nintendo eshop ends

User Info: BerryBob

BerryBob
4 weeks ago#1
We can't download anything from it. This includes digital-only games, updates and DLCs.

Also we can't watch videos from it. Though these videos can be in other places, such as You Tube, so it isn't so much of a problem.

Also we can't do a system transfer. This means that, once your 3DS is nearly broken, say good-bye to everything that's inside it.

Some games, such as Pokémon X/Y or Super Smash Bros for 3DS, the save file is synchronized with the update versions and/or the console. If you don't use the same console or version, the game could ask you to format the save, or just block you from using the game. If you have such issues, you should buy another catridge and deal with the base version of the game.

Yeah, so much problems after eshop ends...

User Info: lali_puna

lali_puna
4 weeks ago#2
The good thing is, I heard Nintendo had a deal with an external company over Wi-Fi services and then they shut down and the Wi-Fi with them.
This time it's all in Nintendos hands, so hopefully they will hold up their services for longer this time.

BerryBob
4 weeks ago#3
I hope the external company doesn't end so soon, like spy games did when Nintendo Wifi Connection ended.

User Info: freedumbdclxvi

freedumbdclxvi
4 weeks ago#4
Good thing, unlike DS or Wii, eshop is a centralized for all curren Nintendo systems, like PSN, so it’ll be years and years before that becomes an issue.
3DS FC: 0490-7858-5102/NS FC: SW-6739-0520-9699/PSN: freedumbdclxvi

User Info: irulethegalaxy

irulethegalaxy
4 weeks ago#5
BerryBob posted...
Some games, such as Pokémon X/Y or Super Smash Bros for 3DS, the save file is synchronized with the update versions and/or the console. If you don't use the same console or version, the game could ask you to format the save, or just block you from using the game. If you have such issues, you should buy another catridge and deal with the base version of the game.

I don't know about Smash, but I've transferred my system with Pokemon bunches of times with no problem. Nintendo is good about supporting their systems for a LOOONG time (you can still buy a new DS Lite battery; until pretty recently you could buy a GBA one, too); I suspect that even when the eshop goes belly up they will have a system in place for patches and game updates. Since the Switch has an eshop as well, that suggests that they have the ability to support the 3DS one for as long as they please.

Also, I don't think the system contacts the eshop when doing a system transfer; it simply connects to check the licenses/how long it's been since you transferred. As long as you do a PC based transfer, there's no reason that can't go on long past the systems' lifespan.
Friend Code: 5155-2976-5976

BerryBob
4 weeks ago#6
Everything accumulates; if there is Nintendo eshop for lots of consoles, this means lots of server memory and maintenance, and probably the Nintendo eshop for 3DS will end someday to save money for Nintendo. Though after all you guys said, i think this day will be far away from today. (i mean november 10, 2017)

User Info: ArcFan10000

ArcFan10000
4 weeks ago#7
No, I don't think it will shutdown anytime soon.
Favs: Persona, Final Fantasy,Tales series PSN: Brian_2030, Xbox Live: SEGAnerd776
Waiting For: Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy 7 Remake

User Info: The_Orignal

The_Orignal
4 weeks ago#8
ArcFan10000 posted...
No, I don't think it will shutdown anytime soon.

I really hope they do not.

User Info: desaigamon

desaigamon
4 weeks ago#9
It's not going down anytime soon. When the time does come, just install some CFW. With the eShop gone, there's no reason to stay with the stock Home menu anymore.
NNID: HonestCarl 3DS FC: 4012 3979 5838
Now Playing: Mario and Luigi: Dream Team (3DS), Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U), Skyrim (Xbox One)

User Info: berserkguts666

berserkguts666
4 weeks ago#10
Nintendo will not be shutting the Eshop down anytime soon, because they are about to start charging people for online, for 20 bucks. Im assuming that price is just to start with then they will start racking the price up. So no i wouldnt worry about the eshop disappearing anytime soon. I would however worry about having to start paying for other services maybe...
lToxicAvengerl
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. When Nintendo eshop ends

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived