Mario Golf World Tour/Mario Tennis Open or Mario Sports Superstars?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Mario Golf World Tour/Mario Tennis Open or Mario Sports Superstars?

User Info: GenerationX-Men

GenerationX-Men
1 month ago#1
How do the golf and tennis modes of Mario Sports Superstars compare to Mario Golf World Tour and Tennis Open? Which is better in terms of gameplay and graphics?
With great responsibility comes great power.

User Info: Finn-X

Finn-X
1 month ago#2
Crap. Play Tennis instead.
(message deleted)

User Info: FefnirOmega13

FefnirOmega13
4 weeks ago#4
World Tour is phenomenal, even for a golf game. There's lots of content in the base game and the DLC basically doubles the amount of gameplay you have for a very reasonable price. It's easily one of the best Mario spin-off games to date, and is well worth picking up. Lots of replayability with a mission mode, a short campaign, and a bunch of challenges.

Don't know much about tennis.

Superstars is rubbish though. It's five watered down games: Football (Soccer for you yanks.), Golf, Tennis, Baseball and Horse Riding.

Golf is basically the mechanics of World Tour with a third of the holes and no extra content.
Tennis is basically Tennis Open but with a few of Ultra Smash's mechanics spliced in.
Football is basically every FIFA game ever but with Mario characters and dumbed down controls.
Baseball is completely and utterly bland and I didn't spend much time on it.
Horse Riding is a fun idea but with mediocre execution (and to its credit it provides the main meat of the content) and if it had been the focus of the game rather than a compilation I think it would have received a little more polish and been a worthy game; perhaps even better than MK7.

If you want to play Golf, get World Tour. Superstars is best avoided; there simply isn't enough to justify the purchase unless you're someone who likely isn't going to care or can play games over and over like for instance a child.
"The essence of magic is to determine the root cause of all things.
There's no distinction between science and magic." ~ Patchouli Knowledge

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
4 weeks ago#5
World Tour is great.

Open is ok.

Superstars is mediocre.
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123
"Mario and Luigi Paper Jam is factually better than PM:TTYD" -SeamusOHassey

User Info: RosalinaIsLove

RosalinaIsLove
4 weeks ago#6
Mario Golf World Tour and Mario Tennis Open.

Mario Sports Superstar is f***ing awful all around. The other three modes don't justify the price tag either.
Rosalina farting pants pooping toots

User Info: SeamusOHassey

SeamusOHassey
4 weeks ago#7
The Golf one is the only one you should get. Actually the only Mario sports game that is worth getting is it and the two Virtual Console GBC Mario sports games.
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
My future wife -https://fat.gfycat.com/QuickThickJunco.gif

User Info: AuraChannelerCh

AuraChannelerCh
4 weeks ago#8
I'd so recommend any Golf or Tennis games before going through any of those three.
NNID: AuraGuyChris
AuraChannelerChris' Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AuraChannelerChris

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
4 weeks ago#9
Mario Golf: World Tour/Mario Tennis Open, despite me having meh feelings for Open.

Mario Sports Superstars is &*#!ing awful and a disgrace to those two Mario Sports series (Golf and Tennis). That game took everything that made Mario Golf: World Tour and Mario Tennis Open great (though once again, not that much for Tennis) and threw them out the window. Mario Golf and Mario Tennis on 3DS had special mini games, Mario-like elements and themed courts, and Mii customization (and are playable). Sports Superstars had neither of that and opts for lack of mini games, some of the most generic-themed courts (as well as having four different course for both Golf and Tennis, with Golf's downgraded to 9-hole courses as opposed to World Tour's 18-holes for most courses, in which there are 10 excluding the DLC that adds 6 more), and the removal of playing as a Mii. In fact, you can't even play 1-on-1 against CPU opponents in Golf Mode, which further drives the crud factor beyond the fence.

Overall, if you care less for the little-to-no content featured for each sport and want to have a bunch of sports in one package, Mario Sports Superstars is your go-to. Otherwise, stick to the individual Mario Golf and Mario Tennis games on 3DS.
Still waiting for a good Mario Tennis and Paper Mario RPG, Camelot and Intelligent Systems. R.I.P. Miiverse 2012 - 2017.

User Info: Kelystic

Kelystic
4 weeks ago#10
I really like the Maroi Tennis on the GBA
http://i.imgur.com/xNf1K9h.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Mario Golf World Tour/Mario Tennis Open or Mario Sports Superstars?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived