Gamestop sells me a used copy of Pokemon Sun as new

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Gamestop sells me a used copy of Pokemon Sun as new

User Info: Ryu X

Ryu X
4 weeks ago#1
Haven't played Pokemon in awhile so I thought I buy Pokemon Sun. Went to Gamestop asked the guy for a new copy of Pokemon Sun he says you can save $2 if you buy a used copy. I tell him no give me a new copy. He looks through his drawer takes out the game which is in a little cd envelope and grabs the display case. I ask him if he had any unopened copies. He said no its their last one. I am like whatever and buy it.

Now then I get it home and put it in my 3DS there is already a saved game on it guy named 'Mark' with 5 hours of game play.

I take it back and tell them they gave me a used copy it had a saved game on it. They kept saying that they didn't and wouldn't take it back. The guy said sometimes Nintendo tests games to make sure they work which is why there might be a saved game on it. I knew he was lying.

What should I do they won't take it back?

User Info: iMURDAu

iMURDAu
4 weeks ago#2
Contact corporate through the website. Ask them to replace it with a new copy. Hope it works out.
My fake plants died because I didn't pretend to water them.
- Mitch Hedburg

User Info: TinyTim123

TinyTim123
4 weeks ago#3
One of two things are likely to have happened.
The first is that someone working in the store borrowed it and played it for a bit. This is the more likely scenario.
The second is that someone bought it and returned it. They refunded the money (or store credit), so it's technically still new (in their system only; no person in their right mind would call it "new", and even stores like Walmart offer a shopworn and opened discount).

Stand your ground.
Insist you paid for a new game and were given a game that could not be called "new" by any definition. If they won't relent, ask for their District Manager's contact information, and call that person in the store right in front of them.

Or, you know, just play the game and don't worry about it. Maybe make it a point to not frequent that particular store again. There are Gamestop locations with good workers, and those with bad workers.
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
En un mundo perfecto, eso definitivamente importaria.

User Info: Ryu X

Ryu X
4 weeks ago#4
I had to look up how you delete games because its not obvious.

Anyway I don't get why this guy was giving me such a hard time. Usually stores train employees to have good customer service. Returning an obviously used game sold as new is not an outlandish request. Its not like this employee is personally losing his own money by returning a game. They should be doing what the customer wants if it is in within reason.

User Info: SeamusOHassey

SeamusOHassey
4 weeks ago#5
Dude, return that f***ing game. Don't let LameStop get your money for something you paid for, but didn't get. You got ripped off and that's not right imo.
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
My future wife -https://fat.gfycat.com/QuickThickJunco.gif

User Info: Spire88

Spire88
4 weeks ago#6
Looks like the TC has been living under a rock for the last 10 plus years. It is common practice for gamestop employees yo take home or "rent" games for free and bring them back and sell them as "new".

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
4 weeks ago#7
Damn, that sucks to hear. :(

You should just be able to delete the save for now, but I would recommend avoiding GameStop from now on.
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123
"Mario and Luigi Paper Jam is factually better than PM:TTYD" -SeamusOHassey

User Info: Finn-X

Finn-X
4 weeks ago#8
Just delete the save. What matters is that the game works.

User Info: danielfromhood

danielfromhood
4 weeks ago#9
LOL people that still buy from Gamestop.
My FC is 4828-3882-5993.

User Info: Salogy

Salogy
4 weeks ago#10
Spire88 posted...
Looks like the TC has been living under a rock for the last 10 plus years. It is common practice for gamestop employees yo take home or "rent" games for free and bring them back and sell them as "new".

The big question is if someone named "Mark" works at the store. Since the game is obviously used, the TC should at least have paid the used price on the game and not the new price.
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Gamestop sells me a used copy of Pokemon Sun as new

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived