Gamestop sells me a used copy of Pokemon Sun as new

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Gamestop sells me a used copy of Pokemon Sun as new

User Info: Meteordragon10

Meteordragon10
3 weeks ago#71
TheSystemFailed posted...
If he returned it quicker, he could have shown the game time and proved he hasn't even had the game for 5 hours. Boom!
Your comment is not relevant at all because it literally cannot happen anymore in this situation, making it pointless to even mention...yet you did anyway for some reason. So you know... "Boom" right back at you. Try harder next time.

Elmdor043 posted...
Meteordragon10 posted...
That's not really "proof" at all though. The company could easily just say he put the save file on it himself to make it look that way. Pokemon Sun and Moon do not have timestamps or anything on the save file, so there no way to prove that the file was already there before he bought it. They could also say because of this that he is just trying to scam them (Not saying you are, TC) into getting a brand new version.

Do Pokemon not have the "met a route *insert number here* on *insert date here*" anymore? I know that was a thing in 4th gen, but I can't remember if it was in 5th or 6th since I didn't care, but that would easily be proof unless they try to claim he hacked all of the pokemon caught to a date earlier than he purchased it.
Yes, they still have that on Pokemon themselves, but that would only be relevant if the person who played the game played on a day earlier than the day he purchased it. (in this case, pretty likely that the dates will be before he purchased the game.) I don't know if they'd see that as proof though, cause you know...hacking...if they even know about that kind of stuff. I really don't know how higher ups would react and whether they would sit and deny everything without -absolute- proof though, so who is the say. Yep, they could leave it up to him hacking in Pokemon with dates that would be convenient for him I suppose. And that sort of thing is actually possible. They could. I don't know if they have that knowledge or not.
3DS Friend Code: 2921-9132-1786 (3DS Name: Kratos), Region: NA/US
Unless I state otherwise, assume by default everything I am saying is merely an opinion.

User Info: IvoEska

IvoEska
3 weeks ago#72
Meteordragon10 posted...
If he returned it quicker, he could have shown the game time and proved he hasn't even had the game for 5 hours. Boom!
Your comment is not relevant at all because it literally cannot happen anymore in this situation, making it pointless to even mention...yet you did anyway for some reason. So you know... "Boom" right back at you. Try harder next time.

Elmdor043 posted...
Meteordragon10 posted...
That's not really "proof" at all though. The company could easily just say he put the save file on it himself to make it look that way. Pokemon Sun and Moon do not have timestamps or anything on the save file, so there no way to prove that the file was already there before he bought it. They could also say because of this that he is just trying to scam them (Not saying you are, TC) into getting a brand new version.

Do Pokemon not have the "met a route *insert number here* on *insert date here*" anymore? I know that was a thing in 4th gen, but I can't remember if it was in 5th or 6th since I didn't care, but that would easily be proof unless they try to claim he hacked all of the pokemon caught to a date earlier than he purchased it.
Yes, they still have that on Pokemon themselves, but that would only be relevant if the person who played the game played on a day earlier than the day he purchased it. (in this case, pretty likely that the dates will be before he purchased the game.) I don't know if they'd see that as proof though, cause you know...hacking...if they even know about that kind of stuff. I really don't know how higher ups would react and whether they would sit and deny everything without -absolute- proof though, so who is the say. Yep, they could leave it up to him hacking in Pokemon with dates that would be convenient for him I suppose. And that sort of thing is actually possible. They could. I don't know if they have that knowledge or not.

That's a lot of hacking to go through for $2.

User Info: Random_Dawn_14

Random_Dawn_14
3 weeks ago#73
Meteordragon10 posted...

Elmdor043 posted...
Meteordragon10 posted...

But is it also possible to change the date your adventure started through hacking?
Welcome to Gamefaqs daily nonsense. -KingTGP
Warning: This post may contain graphic stupidity

User Info: xyntek

xyntek
3 weeks ago#74
If I were you, I would return to the store in less than 5 hours with the receipt and the 3DS rather than wasting your time here. Show the manager (not any employee) that you bought the game less than a couple of hours as new, the clerk took it from a slip (I will assume that the slip was yellow, the white slip is for storing the open box new games) and sold it as new but it has some data, therefore it should be used. The manager should hep you here, if not contact the corporate services.
PSN: Xyntek | Xbox Live: Xyntek01
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Gamestop sells me a used copy of Pokemon Sun as new

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived