Games to get before I focus my attention on the Switch?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Games to get before I focus my attention on the Switch?

User Info: DanF2000

DanF2000
4 weeks ago#1
I'll be getting the Switch end of next week or the week after, along with 4 games (Fire Emblem Warriors, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Disgaea 5 and Stardew Valley), and I want to get a couple games on the 3DS before I direct my full attention to the Switch. I'll be getting Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon this Friday (can't wait!!!) so by then, my collection will consist of Pokemon US/UM, Sun, White 2, Y and Omega Ruby, Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Hyrule Warriors Legends.

I'm a huge fan of RPGs and Action games, or games that involve numbers (e.g. damage numbers, stats, etc.), levelling up/XP, skill trees and/or upgrade systems, and I decided I might get Rune Factory 4 around Christmas. Would anyone have any suggestions, or if I should just focus on the Switch? Thanks in advance
3DS FC: 3239 - 7793 - 1922
IGN: Daniel

User Info: lali_puna

lali_puna
4 weeks ago#2
2000 hours Monster Hunter 4U/Gen and then you can play Stardew Valley on the go! =)

User Info: briguy

briguy
4 weeks ago#3
It's possible to play more than one system.
Get a Nintendo Switch and PS4. Don't be a loser.

User Info: shgamer

shgamer
4 weeks ago#4
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
My top 5 videogames of all time:
1. Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D 2. Soul Sacrifice Delta 3. The 3rd Birthday. 4. Resident Evil 5 5. Tutankham.

User Info: TallTamryu

TallTamryu
4 weeks ago#5
How have you not played MH4 yet? Tsk tsk.
"Guys don't treat girls right, that's why the lesbian rate's going up"

User Info: Stealy

Stealy
4 weeks ago#6
Do you really only have six 3ds games? I can understand if money is an issue, but it doesn't seem to be as you are buying a Switch with four games. The 3ds has a lot of good RPGs like Dragon Quest VIII, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Rune Factory 4, etc. Play everything you're interested in on the 3ds then get a Switch when the price drops if you can only focus on one system at a time.

User Info: GameKing59

GameKing59
4 weeks ago#7
I feel I should ask you what games you have already, so I don't recommend you games you already have.

User Info: Vycoul

Vycoul
4 weeks ago#8
Since you like RPGs with skill trees, I highly recommend the Etrian Odyssey series. IV and V have demos on the E-Shop, give one a try.
I initially didn't think I would like it, but I was hooked within minutes.
Long live Atlus and NIS.

User Info: DanF2000

DanF2000
4 weeks ago#9
GameKing59 posted...
I feel I should ask you what games you have already, so I don't recommend you games you already have.

Already mentioned in my first post: Pokemon Y/White 2/Sun/Omega Ruby, Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Hyrule Warriors
3DS FC: 3239 - 7793 - 1922
IGN: Daniel

User Info: SymphonicGlory

SymphonicGlory
3 weeks ago#10
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Monster Hunter Generations
Monster Hunter Stories
Etrian Odyssey IV
Etrian Odyssey V
SMT IV
SMT IV Apocalypse
SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked
SMT Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker
Rune Factory 4
Resident Evil Revelations
Bravely Default

There's also the remasters coming next year:
SMT Strange Journey Redux
Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology
FC: 5112-4220-0277
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Games to get before I focus my attention on the Switch?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived