So a SD card is needed to download games from the VC? Which SD card should I get

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. So a SD card is needed to download games from the VC? Which SD card should I get

User Info: MachoManSavage

MachoManSavage
4 weeks ago#1
I was bummed to find out I need a card to download.

Which card should I get? Does it matter? And how much games should fit into 2 gigs?
A proud wrestling Smark, because we know better than you.

User Info: ThatSageGuy

ThatSageGuy
4 weeks ago#2
Anything that's not a cheap knock off will work fine.

How many games will fit in 2 gigs? That depends entirely on the game. Most 3ds games are around 500mb-1gb. But some are smaller, and some are bigger. And any of the small indies on the eshop are much smaller than that. Sd cards are cheap, so if you plan to download a lot, I'd say to get a 32gb card. Otherwise an 8gb or 16gb will be plenty.
Wow I cant believe that people dont even care about what I think and ignorin me, this is just really sad.-The_Orignal
Uh welcome to the real world?-psprulz2007

User Info: MachoManSavage

MachoManSavage
4 weeks ago#3
ThatSageGuy posted...
Anything that's not a cheap knock off will work fine.

How many games will fit in 2 gigs? That depends entirely on the game. Most 3ds games are around 500mb-1gb. But some are smaller, and some are bigger. And any of the small indies on the eshop are much smaller than that. Sd cards are cheap, so if you plan to download a lot, I'd say to get a 32gb card. Otherwise an 8gb or 16gb will be plenty.

Thanks man.

I'm looking to primarily download VC games, which I'm guessing are small.
A proud wrestling Smark, because we know better than you.

User Info: ThatSageGuy

ThatSageGuy
4 weeks ago#4
Yea, you can fit a lot of those on a 2gb card. But with how cheap sd cards are, I'd still recommend getting something bigger than 2gb. I think you can get an 8gb for $5 or so.
Wow I cant believe that people dont even care about what I think and ignorin me, this is just really sad.-The_Orignal
Uh welcome to the real world?-psprulz2007

User Info: ObtuseAngina

ObtuseAngina
4 weeks ago#5
Did your system come with an SD Card?
./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_.....GCE Entertaining New Ideas.
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,... 1.048596

User Info: Lum_Yatsura

Lum_Yatsura
4 weeks ago#6
Nintendo preinstalled a 2gb or 4gb SD card in all 3ds systems.

If you bought a used system or want to upgrade, get whatever's cost effective.
Up to 32gb is officially supported. (beyond that is possible, but usually unnecessary)
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1124-lums-ufo-comedy-anime-and-manga

User Info: bungiefan

bungiefan
4 weeks ago#7
3DS in general requires an SD card to use and have system apps function properly. All stock 3DS units have shipped with a 2GB or a 4GB card installed in them, and can take up to a 512 GB card (maybe larger but none are out yet), as long as they are formatted as FAT32, so 64GB and larger cards needs to be reformatted to work.

The largest 3DS game is 4 GB, so depending on what you buy, you may need a fairly large card.

The shop gives games in block sizes, and 1 megabyte is 8 blocks, so you can use that for reference in having enough space for your intended purchase.
http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.html
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/wrines88
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. So a SD card is needed to download games from the VC? Which SD card should I get

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived