So... No way to stretch the screen on VC Game Boy games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. So... No way to stretch the screen on VC Game Boy games?

User Info: irulethegalaxy

irulethegalaxy
4 weeks ago#11
Using stretch mode to go from the VC aspect ratio to that of a 3DS screen would make any kind of games with precision controls (platformers, racers, etc) literally unplayable. Not just talking about how ugly it would look.
Friend Code: 5155-2976-5976

User Info: dextorboot

dextorboot
4 weeks ago#12
Cyber Gadget is supposed to be making a magnifying glass attachment.

User Info: Inferno00

Inferno00
4 weeks ago#13
I can understand asking for the field of vision to be extended for true wide screen (like Banjo-Kazooie on XBLA or Sonic on iOS) but not asking for the image to be stretched.
"Burn in the fires of Inferno!"

User Info: WarGreymon77

WarGreymon77
4 weeks ago#14
If you've got screen space, use it. I hate tiny screens and black bars.

User Info: SaturnSnowman

SaturnSnowman
4 weeks ago#15
WarGreymon77 posted...

Just because there is screen space to use doesn't mean it looks better. Most people think stretching looks bad.
I like games and anime. My favorite games include the following: Mother 1-3, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Cross, Zelda LA-ALttP-OoT-MM-ALBW, and Super Smash Bros.

User Info: VeryDarkSoul

VeryDarkSoul
4 weeks ago#16
I find it annoying on the 3ds original ds games look blurry :\ and if you do the start/select trick its even smaller than an original ds screen
Rand Paul 2016

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
4 weeks ago#17
VeryDarkSoul posted...
I find it annoying on the 3ds original ds games look blurry :\ and if you do the start/select trick its even smaller than an original ds screen

Only because the 3ds has far better pixel density.
I'm sick of off topic threads and abusive mods.
u/Gargomon251

User Info: iMURDAu

iMURDAu
4 weeks ago#18
BahamutBBob posted...
WarGreymon77 posted...
I always prefer stretch mode (as opposed to original aspect ratio) whenever possible.

I don't know you, and I don't want to know you. In case I accidentally see a screen of yours with a stretched image. Eww.

I concur with this assessment of the situation. I believe TC should consult an eye doctor.
My fake plants died because I didn't pretend to water them.
- Mitch Hedburg

User Info: VeryDarkSoul

VeryDarkSoul
4 weeks ago#19
@Gargomon251 well yeah thats how resolution works, if it can't divide by factors of 4, it will be blurry
Rand Paul 2016

User Info: TheMKDestroyer

TheMKDestroyer
4 weeks ago#20
@WarGreymon77 posted...

WarGreymon77 posted...
I like to actually be able to see when I play a game.

You do understand that you are not seeing anything extra by stretching the image, right? You're not somehow seeing more of the environment or any more enemies on screen. You're seeing exactly the same amount of data as you would at the normal resolution. Maybe you would have a point if it stretched vertically too but stretching to widescreen only doesn't help you see anything easier.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. So... No way to stretch the screen on VC Game Boy games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived