So... No way to stretch the screen on VC Game Boy games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. So... No way to stretch the screen on VC Game Boy games?

User Info: TheMKDestroyer

TheMKDestroyer
3 weeks ago#31
TheThirdDay posted...
So TC has an easier time seeing images that are bigger? Oh my god, what a monster!

EDIT: but seriously, man. I'm not trying to be judgemental, but you're being very close minded.

Except he's not. Read his first post.

WarGreymon77 posted...
I always prefer stretch mode (as opposed to original aspect ratio) whenever possible. Desktop wallpaper? Stretch. Genesis games on PS3? Stretch. PS2 on a widescreen TV? Stretch. I get the feeling I already know the answer, though...

Let's look at the ps2 for example. He's playing on the same tv, why would he choose to stretch it? He's not seeing anything he couldn't see before because it's just stretching it. If he wanted to go from a 32 inch to a 50 inch tv where it would explode the image, I could understand. But wanting to stretch an image where vertically, it's exactly the same? Makes no sense. All it does is make characters look short when standing and look super tall when laying on the ground horizontally. That's not seeing more, that's just plain distorting the image.

User Info: TheThirdDay

TheThirdDay
3 weeks ago#32
TheMKDestroyer posted...
Let's look at the ps2 for example. He's playing on the same tv, why would he choose to stretch it? He's not seeing anything he couldn't see before because it's just stretching it. If he wanted to go from a 32 inch to a 50 inch tv where it would explode the image, I could understand. But wanting to stretch an image where vertically, it's exactly the same? Makes no sense to me. All it does is make characters look short when standing and look super tall when laying on the ground horizontally.

Fixed that for ya. It makes sense to us, though. Just because you don't understand doesnt mean the opinion isnt valid.

TheMKDestroyer posted...
That's not seeing more, that's just plain distorting the image.

Jesus. f***ing. Christ.

A few posts up, I posted...
Jeez, dude. No one saying you are seeing anything extra. It's just a zoom. And again, it's just a preference. An opinion on something incredibly trivial.

If he has a bigger screen, he wants the option to use all of it. It's as simple as that.

I'm done with this embarrassing dribble. You're far to close minded to comprehend that different people like different things. Again, best of luck with your circle-pad situation. Good day to you.

TC, it really sucks that you can't change the aspect ratio like that. But f*** it, you have legal licence to the software you already purchased, and own the hardware on which it can be played. You can legally emulate. If the aspect ratio is a deal breaker, just play on your PC and full screen that b****. If it's not a deal breaker, than sorry bud. Just get over it.
Now Playing: Super Mario 64
// Smash 4 // LUIGI, LINK, Bowser, Falco, ROB
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. So... No way to stretch the screen on VC Game Boy games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived