Are Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon worth it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Are Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon worth it?

User Info: Mega_Gardevoir

Mega_Gardevoir
3 weeks ago#21
It's only worth it if you liked SM! It has much of the same issues. A few cutscenes got cut or shortened, but the overall slowness, both in battles and the way they do cutscenes hasn't changed. :(

For those who liked the games there's new Totem fights, altered trials, more difficulty, more regional Dex Pokemon, you can evolve Charjabug and the Crab earlier, Manine Surf is easy BP, Battle Agency is easy FC, Ultra Beasts have their own locations etc. Plus all the fanservice stuff like Rainbow Rocket and lots of legendaries being available.

It's OK for SM fans who don't mind going through it again with extras, but it's not going to change the mind of anyone who hated them.

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
3 weeks ago#22
Mega_Gardevoir posted...
It's only worth it if you liked SM! It has much of the same issues. A few cutscenes got cut or shortened, but the overall slowness, both in battles and the way they do cutscenes hasn't changed. :(

For those who liked the games there's new Totem fights, altered trials, more difficulty, more regional Dex Pokemon, you can evolve Charjabug and the Crab earlier, Manine Surf is easy BP, Battle Agency is easy FC, Ultra Beasts have their own locations etc. Plus all the fanservice stuff like Rainbow Rocket and lots of legendaries being available.

It's OK for SM fans who don't mind going through it again with extras, but it's not going to change the mind of anyone who hated them.

Move tutors...
Move tutors
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

User Info: amilli0nlights

amilli0nlights
3 weeks ago#23
Well, I decided to keep Moon, and just exchange Sun for Ultra Sun, thanks for all of the responses!
Xbox One: AMilli0NliGHTS | PS4/Vita: AMilli0NliGHTS_ | Switch: 4951-1316-4319 | 3DS: 3926-7362-7193 | Steam: AMilli0nliGHTS

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
3 weeks ago#24
Mega_Gardevoir posted...

It's insulting in a way.
Uh... A-Are you sure to interact with others?
-Mario, Ganondorf, Sonic, Bowser Jr. / Wendy, Duck Hunt, Marth, Mewtwo Mainer.

User Info: supremeblaster

supremeblaster
3 weeks ago#25
Blayshy posted...
Is the framerate better?

No, the same problems persist when there's more than two pokemon on screen.
I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. ~Zero

User Info: xlr_big-coop

xlr_big-coop
3 weeks ago#26
Quite honestly, nope. Nintendo can't get away with making 3rd versions when they could be sold as dlc. BUT if they must, then they gotta have more content than what USUM offers. Imo this is the worst of the third versions we've gotten so far, but I chalk it to Gamefreak taking things too safe. We haven't gotten a jam packed Pokémon game since Heartgold and all they do now a days is make new features then cut off old ones.
3ds fc: 2277-6647-7634, ign: luis, electric safari with: Electrode/Electabuzz/Manectric

User Info: SolidZone

SolidZone
3 weeks ago#27
Ajenla posted...
SolidZone posted...
Endgame posted...
Well @SolidZone, since you've asked so nicely.....

Nope.

There you go, wasting my and other's time even further. If this is an essay, you would've failed. Your post brings nothing to this topic and are clearly doing it for more karma.

I would have said: "If it doesn't interest you and that you never played the originals, I wouldn't even bother." My one sentence brings more usefulness to the TC than your one measly word.

Posting doesn't earn karma. And a hard no is stronger than a yes or a paragraph of why yes or no.

Oh, I see. I visited GameFAQs a lot but never registered until very late so I had no idea. How? Even though my answer was still a no, my "no" should have more reason than his "no." You don't need to write a whole paragraph just to say the reason, a mere sentence is enough. One word doesn't explain anything.

User Info: MawiocUdwoc

MawiocUdwoc
3 weeks ago#28
SolidZone posted...

Oh, I see. I visited GameFAQs a lot but never registered until very late so I had no idea. How? Even though my answer was still a no, my "no" should have more reason than his "no." You don't need to write a whole paragraph just to say the reason, a mere sentence is enough. One word doesn't explain anything.

Don't bother with Endgame, the guy only posts to complain about how pretty much every modern game sucks, thinking everyone should hate the games for the same reasons he does.

Mega_Gardevoir posted...

This post sums it up well. If you didn't have Sun/Moon then I'd say you could give it a try and chances are you would like it, but since you already have them and you've been off track of 3DS, you're better off playing the games you already own and see for yourself, the experience won't be much different.

User Info: xxdudeyy

xxdudeyy
2 weeks ago#29
I bought Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.
Gday

User Info: ChimeraBlue

ChimeraBlue
2 weeks ago#30
Ben111 posted...
Nope.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Are Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon worth it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived