Is the circle pad suppose to tilt slightly?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is the circle pad suppose to tilt slightly?

User Info: TheMKDestroyer

TheMKDestroyer
4 weeks ago#1
My old 3ds xl, the circle pad stays completely flat anywhere I move it. The new 3ds xl when I move it left, right, up or down, it tilts very slightly downward. Sorta like a joystick on a ps4 controller just obviously not that much.

Here's an image I found of some guy having the same question.

https://s17.postimg.org/75r0md4wf/Capture.jpg

Basically it feels like the rubber pad tilts when it seems like it should stay perfectly flat the whole time.

TheMKDestroyer
3 weeks ago#2
Bump.

User Info: TheThirdDay

TheThirdDay
3 weeks ago#3
I've had a 3DS, 3DS XL, and a New 3DSXL, and all of my circle pads have always stayed level. I could be wrong, but I don't think your circle pad should be doing that. I don't want to jump the gun and call it a defect, but be careful with it, keep an eye on it, and contact Nintendo if you get particularly nervous about it.

Best of luck.

EDIT: I gotta ask, did you buy it new or used? And might have Smash Bros. been played extensively on it?
Now Playing: Super Mario 64
// Smash 4 // LUIGI, LINK, Bowser, Falco, ROB

TheMKDestroyer
3 weeks ago#4
TheThirdDay posted...
I've had a 3DS, 3DS XL, and a New 3DSXL, and all of my circle pads have always stayed level. I could be wrong, but I don't think your circle pad should be doing that. I don't want to jump the gun and call it a defect, but be careful with it, keep an eye on it, and contact Nintendo if you get particularly nervous about it.

Best of luck.

EDIT: I gotta ask, did you buy it new or used? And might have Smash Bros. been played extensively on it?

It's not a huge tilt like a console controller joystick. It just tilts very slightly. I'm just worried it's defective and could break. I would like to return it if it's defective before the 30 day return period. And I haven't played any smash. Barely even used the circle pad. Maybe it's possible the slight tilt was added to prevent damage from playing games like smash? It's not real noticeable. But I imagine without the tilt that if you're too rough then the rubber could snap off. Which alot of people seemed to have issues with. WIth the slight tilt it might allow a little more pressure. Just a guess. Similar to how Nintendo made the hinges loose to prevent them from breaking.

And again, it's not really something you notice while playing. You really gotta look at it from the side of the system.

User Info: TheThirdDay

TheThirdDay
3 weeks ago#5
I don't know, man. All I can say is none of my circle pads tilted. I don't want to make you nervous, but honestly, I'd contact Nintendo customer support and ask about it.
Now Playing: Super Mario 64
// Smash 4 // LUIGI, LINK, Bowser, Falco, ROB

TheMKDestroyer
3 weeks ago#6
Fixed it. If anyone wants to know, all I did was apply a little pressure by pinching the back of the 3ds and straight down onto the circle pad. Must have been slightly loose when they assembled it. Feels normal now.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is the circle pad suppose to tilt slightly?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived